Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Did The US Mint Ever Produce Any 2015(S) American Silver Eagles?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 415Next Topic  

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  8:38 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add etibob1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The Whitman " Red Book" shows that there were 2015(S) American Silver Eagles produced, but I can't find any TPG graded coins anywhere.
Does anyone know if they were actually produced or is the book wrong?
Valued Member
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  10:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add etibob1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I need to clarify my original post....
Would you happen to know if the "Mint State (MS)" 2015(S) was produced?
Also, what about the "Mint State (MS)" 2018(S) as I don't see it on PCGS's website?
Thank you!
Edited by etibob1
05/17/2021 10:42 am
Learn More...
United States
100600 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  11:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5886 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  12:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My understanding is that while it was originally assumed that ASEs were struck in San Francisco in 2015 (hence the Red Book listing and PCGS CoinFacts page), none were actually struck there - just West Point and Philadelphia.

Regarding the 2018-(S) ASEs, I don't believe any were struck in San Francisco. Demand for ASEs wasn't super strong in 2018 and West Point was able to meet the demand on its own.
Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
05/17/2021 12:34 pm
Valued Member
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why would they add a s mintmark to a west point coin? I don't understand the reason for that.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5886 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  09:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Why would they add a s mintmark to a west point coin? I don't understand the reason for that.

They don't. The US Mint does not add an "S" mint mark to ASEs struck at West Point. The US Mint does not add mint marks to any ASE regular strike bullion coins.

Grading companies, and publishers, add the designation of a mint for these coins, when known, by enclosing it in ()'s to denote that the mark is not actually on the coin. For example, an ASE struck at San Francisco in 2014 is noted as "2014-(S)" on its label insert.

Note: The "W" mark is added to proof and Burnished/Uncirculated versions of the Silver Eagles struck at West Point - this is standard procedure for these collector coins.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Valued Member
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That makes sense. Thanks for anwsering my question.
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  1:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add etibob1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much for the detailed answer!
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add etibob1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would you happen to know if there was ever any 2019-(S) ASEs produced?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5886 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Would you happen to know if there was ever any 2019-(S) ASEs produced?

The last I was aware, all of the 2019 regular strike/bullion ASEs were struck at the West Point facility - none at SF.

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add etibob1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you again! I really appreciate it!!!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5886 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oldfordman/etibob1: I try to assist where I can. Glad my responses were helpful.

"Thanks!" to each of you for acknowledging. Much appreciated!

Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 415Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05