Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is There Any Value At All In This 1969 S Penny Witth Damage On The Reverse

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 324Next Topic  
Valued Member
184 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  9:32 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Chip chatters to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Pillar of the Community
United States
4362 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would appear to be a rather beat-up '69 S, worth one cent.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58260 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why would you even think there is any value here?
Edited by Coinfrog
05/16/2021 9:50 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
2145 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well yes - 1 spendable - maybe 2 meltable if allowed by law
Valued Member
United States
183 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfamind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There's an incorrect perception that S-minted Lincoln Memorial cents dated between 1968 and 1974 are somehow more valuable than their Philadelphia and Denver counterparts. While the S mintages are modestly lower, there were still vast quantities (hundreds of millions) of these coins minted. Thus, worth about 3 cents in copper unless obtained in a stunningly high grade.
Valued Member
184 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chip chatters to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well it only stands to reason that if somebody will pay 50,000 or $75,000 for a 69 s double die obverse they would give $25 or $30 for this one anyway that's my thinking on the matter
Pillar of the Community
United States
1915 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ratman4762 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Well it only stands to reason that if somebody will pay 50,000 or $75,000 for a 69 s double die obverse they would give $25 or $30 for this one anyway that's my thinking on the matter

You're comparing a diamond to a lump of coal. I have many, many nicer ones in my copper barrel. I'll sell them to you for half of that and you can resell for profit if you think you can.
Valued Member
184 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2021  11:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chip chatters to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well wouldn't buy a 1969 double die unless I had money to burn and if I had money to burn yes I probably would by the ones you have.
United States
35 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  12:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hallor Bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a penny that has been well spent. No telling how many cookies, bubble gums and candy kisses have been enjoyed because of it. But I'm afraid you can't even buy those with it any more, unless you put some more with it.
Good luck on finding a better one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
664 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2021  04:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lcutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A beat up 1969 S doubled die would still have value, this one though is not a doubled die so worth only one cent.
Learn More...
United States
100870 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 324Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05