Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 5c And 10c Where Are They ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 828Next Topic  
Valued Member
Australia
140 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  12:47 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add squaremealroundplate to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

hi all

I'm still keeping in touch with what's going on with some of the new coin releases as I have done for over 50 years now, so I'm asking forum members if they have come across any 2021 5c and 10c coins yet.

It's very unusual not to find any of the small denomination newly released coins early, from eg. the end of October 2020 onwards for 2021 RAM releases, which has been consistantly the case for years.

cheers
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  02:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LuckyMeg0808 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mr. Round plate.

I was anxious at the start of the new year, constantly on the lookout for 2021 coins. It wasn't mid- February that I can't across a 2021 penny, then a quarter. Come May, I finally got 2021 5c and 10c in my possession from change in circulation. Now they're very common. I'm in Florida. Not sure if location has anything to do with it. Just Keri your eyes open. You'll find some eventually.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3170 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  05:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hi Mr. Round plate.

I was anxious at the start of the new year, constantly on the lookout for 2021 coins. It wasn't mid- February that I can't across a 2021 penny, then a quarter. Come May, I finally got 2021 5c and 10c in my possession from change in circulation. Now they're very common. I'm in Florida. Not sure if location has anything to do with it. Just Keri your eyes open. You'll find some eventually.

Location might have a lot to do with it. You are in The U.S.A. and Mr. Round Plate is in Australia.

I have not seen any 5c or 10c coin in Perth yet.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Australia
823 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  06:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

I have not seen any 5c or 10c coin in Perth yet.

Steve, I'm not surprised since they're apparently residing in Florida. I guess they don't like the Aussie winters.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3375 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2021  06:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From experience, the new coins only appear very late in the year around October. This is why I was surprised when the 2021 $2 coins appeared around the same time as the 2020 $2 coins close to the start of the year!!!

Of course the pandemic has made it more unpredictable
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1094 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2021  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Im still having trouble finding in circulation JC 2019 5c, probably in storage at the mint with a few bags release to the collecting community in mint bags.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1829 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  07:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I usually don't see new coins until well into the year - must be a location thing.

I've lost track of what I've found this year but I know I've found no 2021 5c pieces yet.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18966 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  09:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The annual Mint report reveals how may of what denomination and coin design have been struck in a financial year, (not the calendar year). They are kept in storage until the issuing banks require them in response to public demand for new coin, which could be from months, to up to 2 or more years later.
Valued Member
Australia
140 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2021  07:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add squaremealroundplate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

thanks sel_691

as for the RAM annual reports ( I've written about this topic elsewhere before ) the Final annual coin mintages by the RAM for 2021 will mot be available until the 2022/2023 annual report. The RAM continues to mint coins - for 2021 in this case - after their June 30 2021 financial year production cutoff point and the mintage figures up to the cutoff date will be included for the 2021/2022 RAM Annual Report.

The RAM will ( usually) continue minting coins for 2021 until they begin minting coins for 2022, so the final coin mintage figures for 2021 will not be finalised until the 2022/2023 Annual Report.

As for the RAM holding back the supply of various denomination of coins until the banks request them, it has rarely, if ever, been the case for any 5c or 10c coins as far as I know. I could be corrected.

I clearly remember what happened in 2005 when we all though there wasn't going to be any 2005 $1 MoR's minted. The 2005 WW11 commemorative $1 coin was released by the bucket load around October/November 2004. The panic button was hit by many $1 coin collectors when the very 1st 2005 $1 MoR's was put up for auction late February 2005 on eBay. That ONE $1 coin went for exactly $300.04. I have a copy of this remarkable auction here somewhere.

Subsequent 2005 $1 MoR's went for $100 + each, until some inexperienced seller put up for auction a roll of the ( rare ) 2005 $1 MoR's : unfortunately this ( fool ) seller showed a photo of not only ONE 2005 $1 MoR's roll, which would have got $1000 +, but there was THREE rolls in their photo on eBay. The photo of the THREE 2005 $1 rolls " killed " the market and the " Lucky " winner of the very 1st 2005 $1 MoR's would have felt badly dudded.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
1094 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2021  02:32 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow 300.04 dollar okay that a tad cray cray, well I heard first newbie seller put up for auction a bullseye 2 dollar coin put on ebay auction only achieve a 350ish mark that person is going to be in tears.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1829 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2021  8:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've only had a 2021 20c piece so far - still nothing else.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3375 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2021  03:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have found 2021 20 cents, 50 cents and 2 dollars. Of course you have the alphabet dollar coin craze too.
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Valued Member
Australia
140 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2021  05:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add squaremealroundplate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Hi all any news on finding 2021 5c and/or 10c coins yet ?

Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18966 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2021  05:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nope, still haven't found any.
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5276 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2021  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My first 2021 5 cent, my son found it for me last week.

5c 2021 Grease Fill on Obv

life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 828Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05