Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2017 $10, Crying In My Soup, Cdc 9177177.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 431Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
53 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  9:36 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add dant5150 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Wah! Another close but no cigar. I am gonna keep this one regardless, it is in pretty decent shape and the serial is fancy enough for me, lol, so, yeah...

Is there a thread for show us your "Close but no cigars"?

I guess I missed toner Tuesday, yeah? Oh well.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
58050 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2021  10:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Seriously, not even close to a keeper.
Edited by Coinfrog
05/18/2021 10:04 pm
Valued Member
Canada
53 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2021  06:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dant5150 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Seriously, not even close to a keeper

Just like the potential comradery that we could have shared. Your over the top professionalism is too extreme for me. Good thing I am nice, your curmudgeonry, which I've tried ever so hard not to acquire because I am a collector and prone to, would be in jeopardy. You should probably just come over and relieve me of all the stuff I collect that is not worth my time nor anyone else's. Thanks for calling me stupid! Love it!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4897 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2021  10:10 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not the most unique serial number but I've kept similar US notes. Kinda cool when you find repeaters like that.

Edit: Take note to Coinfrog's smiley face at the end of his post. I don't think he meant it as harshly as it came across.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...IC_ID=303507
Edited by chafemasterj
05/19/2021 10:11 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1072 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2021  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GMS5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would keep the note no problem.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1318 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2021  6:21 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't mean to hijack your thread but here's what you're looking for:

plus the matching radar:

Valued Member
Canada
483 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2021  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dennman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I came across that bill,dant,I'd keep it. I'm not a regular bill collector but if I see one that's in decent condition or has a special hologram it goes in a holder and then my binder.
Valued Member
Canada
53 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2021  05:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dant5150 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
smiley face at the end of his post

Coinfrog's motivation to include an emoji is their own. Whether or not it is intended to enhance his words positively or negatively is only theirs to conclude.

You concluded my response was harsh and that I am offended... but... I said I Loved it so how can this be?

When doing this virtual socialbility thing, do you think the emoji is King? Should we just lose the alphabet and start speaking to one another in emojis?

If I knew Coinfrog personally, I might realize he was jabbing me in the ribs because he is envious and wants to wrestle, or, maybe I did realize and responded as such to draw and drag more victims, er, wrestling partners like you into our little sparring arena. Who knows, right?

Valued Member
Canada
53 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2021  05:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dant5150 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
but here's what you're looking for

Lol, nope, not exactly. The note you present is what, like, selling or would sell if it were up for that, for $100 + or so. I paid $10 for my note and that pleases me to whatever end one could fancy. Curious and funny thing though... your note and my note at the grocery store still only buys $10 worth of junk food. Good thing money is more than money. Art.
Valued Member
Canada
53 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2021  06:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dant5150 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm not a regular bill collector

Long story short... early 2019 I was infected with the collecting currency virus. I was absolutely and not in the slightest, interested in banknotes then.

A year and a half or so later I was hired to identify and make presentable a coin collection for my aunt who paid me in $1 & $2 Canadian bills ($40 or so in face value) and my hoard in this art form began.

The foreign stuff, the stuff I can't spend at the corner store for milk and eggs if I got desperate, began a little earlier than that, but, the point is, I ramble and would likely talk your ear off in person.

We had snow fall the other day... argh.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1318 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2021  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Lol, nope, not exactly. The note you present is what, like, selling or would sell if it were up for that, for $100 + or so. I paid $10 for my note and that pleases me to whatever end one could fancy....

Cost me $5

Cost me $20

another $5
-You'd be surprised what you can find in circulation or if you know how to search (tap into) source of bundles/bricks.

I better not tell you what I paid for the repeater & radar '150" $10...
Valued Member
Canada
53 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2021  08:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dant5150 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You'd be surprised what you can find in circulation

Lately, everyone who visits gets their purses, wallets and pockets searched if they want to enter the abode and I give them heck for folding their notes!

I like yours very much and yes I hope to get a brick someday to source.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1318 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2021  09:53 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I like yours very much and yes I hope to get a brick someday to source.

- it is getting harder & harder. Banks love the Better Than Cash Alliance success story: fooling people to use less cash.
https://www.betterthancash.org/ There is no lobby group supporting cash use - so it might be a good idea to get the word out how we're being hoodwinked into championing credit (over cash). [Your friends who visit might just start carrying cards rather than get searched . ]

Therefore, banks rarely order new bundles (let alone bricks). You need access to the large HQ of banks in larger cities these days. Oddly enough, the 2 $5 radars were from change (not from a brick/bundle search).
Edited by walk2dwater
05/29/2021 09:55 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 431Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05