Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Selling Part Of My Collection

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 60 / Views: 2,958Next Topic
Page: of 4
Learn More...
United States
101893 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Also buying from a well established, respectable and reliable seller.
That certainly helps.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1261 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2021  10:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The nicest coins I obtained from online LCS, the Detailed coins all came from eBay.
As a result, I now have a list of reliable sellers that I contact first before heading to eBay.
Edited by NumisEd
06/16/2021 10:47 am
Learn More...
United States
101893 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2021  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
As a result, I now have a list of reliable sellers that I contact first before heading to eBay.
Excellent!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1261 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2021  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The last coin to be listed is a Draped Bust half dime. It is with PCGS currently and who knows how long it will take to grade it.

Looks like the final coin of my former collection is now listed: The 1800 Draped Bust half dime: https://www.greatcollections.com/Co...Fine-Details
I think I should be content with the F-Details designation.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
244 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2021  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Winesteven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm "watching" it, and wish you well. As you know, it's a darn shame that dealer sold you all of these coins that turned out to be problematic by not getting straight graded. As a consolation, hopefully you're now receiving via GC "fair value" for the coins for the actual condition they're in.

Steve
A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!

My collecting "Pride & Joy" is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
https://www.PCGS.com/setregistry/ty...edset/213996
Pillar of the Community
United States
4046 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2021  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Initial eye appeal looks pretty good. I like GC, but their listings usually do not elaborate. What is the damage of this coin, I'm not seeing it, but surprised it graded higher than VG (net).
Edited by jimbucks
07/05/2021 8:16 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
244 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2021  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Winesteven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My guess is it's the obverse "marks/gouges" in the right obverse field shaped like an upside down "V".
A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!

Pillar of the Community
United States
2324 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2021  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thq to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your half dime finally convinced me to sign up for Great Collections NumisEd. By my standards it's a great coin that has done its job as a coin should before being retired. It's not a shiny specimen stored in a cabinet for 200 years. There's nothing problematic about it either. It is what it is and it's genuine. All the slabbers have done is describe why they turned up their noses at a piece of history.

The price is reasonable so far. It's not exactly fine grade IMO.

How did the other sales go? Looking at sold coins I'm familiar with, I don't see GC being any house of bargains.
"Two minutes ago I would have sold my chances for a tired dime." Fred Astaire
Edited by thq
07/06/2021 3:40 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1261 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2021  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Looking at sold coins I'm familiar with, I don't see GC being any house of bargains.

I think the Age of Bargains is over. Unless of course you get lucky grabbing a high-value coin from the junk bin at a LCS.
Too many new collectors entered the market over the last 12 months, and as I understand it, supply has dwindled.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4046 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the mintage is accurate at 16,000 I'd say the these may still be a bargain.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4046 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2021  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I think I should be content with the F-Details designation.

As a potential winner of this coin, did you expect it to come in with a details grade? GC's images of the coin aren't all that great. Second, do you think NGC or ANACS would straight grade it? Thanks.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1261 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2021  1:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
did you expect it to come in with a details grade?

Yes, I was sure the hit on the obverse would Details it.
Not sure about ANACS, but NGC would also give it a Details grade.
Edited by NumisEd
07/08/2021 1:24 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
244 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2021  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Winesteven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm guessing that even with the Details grading, you might be a bit disappointed with the $782 for your Draped Bust half dime. Undoubtedly, as you've previously shared, the disappointment is great from when you purchased the coin until now, as it came back graded Details instead of straight graded. I feel for you.

Steve

Pillar of the Community
United States
1261 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2021  12:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm guessing that even with the Details grading, you might be a bit disappointed with the $782 for your Draped Bust half dime.

Actually, I am rather pleased with the result as I only paid $500 myself for the coin.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
244 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2021  03:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Winesteven to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Actually, I am rather pleased with the result as I only paid $500 myself for the coin.

Fantastic! Congratulations! A positive ending to this saga!

Steve

Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 60 / Views: 2,958Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05