Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Silver Eagle With Clashing

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 2,146Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
1120 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2021  10:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
now to find a 2017 and 2016
Valued Member
United States
237 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2021  10:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting. I could live with one.
Valued Member
United States
325 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2021  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like clashed coins too. I have a modest collection of Morgan and Peace clashed. I wouldn't mind having an ASE clasher. The 2016 ASE clashed has letter transfer by the sun rays. I can't tell from the photo if there is letter transfer on the 2021. For Morgan and Peace dollars letter transfer is important to get a VAM number.
Edited by livingwater
07/02/2021 8:30 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
7652 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2021  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow - really like this coin!
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1120 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2021  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yeah the 2021 has letter transfer as well. I would love to find a 2016
Pillar of the Community
United States
1120 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I ended up finding a 2016 . It has some milk spots but nothing bad , super cool coins.
Hopefully I will find more.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
10201 Posts
 Posted 11/25/2021  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice! Congrats!!!
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5328 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
907 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2021  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yea, I bought the one for $399. Number 001! Jason, as you know from VW
(Where I'm VamHelsing) if this were a Morgan with that strong of clash
it would probably be worth thousands of $$. I think it was well bought
even at that price.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1120 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2021  2:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do as well VamHelsing
these are also Emergency strikes on the 2021 type 1 so likely not many . My 2016 is now 5 years old and few have surfaced.
Of course they could be in monster boxes but they come up so very rarely I still think they will stay rare.
Pillar of the Community
United States
979 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2021  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What causes clashing and can it happen on proofs as well?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4702 Posts
 Posted 11/27/2021  11:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Clashing is when dies are struck together with no coin in-between. The design from the reverse die transfers to the obverse die and vice-versa. It can happen on any die setup.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1120 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are some pretty cool clashed Kennedy Proofs I have seen.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3113 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  7:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Warms the Heart seeing these CLASHED Beauties.....

In a Class All Their Own.....
Pillar of the Community
United States
1120 Posts
 Posted 11/28/2021  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks Morgans dad
a few of my most prized coins no doubt.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 2,146Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: