Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Alphabet Series 2 - Any Noodling?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 875Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Australia
390 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  01:00 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add karloning to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Are the alphabet series 2 in general circulation yet? - or still only in the Aust Post sets?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3180 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  01:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
According to what I just read on Facebook, some people are starting to find them in circulation. They are not being released into general circulation by the RAM, so what people are finding, is what people have spent after being at the post office and getting change.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18987 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  03:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have an 'N', issued in change from the Post Office on Friday 28th May.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
825 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2021  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would like to know how many post offices have participated.
Valued Member
Australia
390 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2021  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add karloning to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure that it is a great "hunt" when you can go into the PO and buy a full set. Kinda like bagging Clarence the Lion
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3180 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2021  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Kinda like bagging Clarence the Lion

Poor Clarence wouldn't have a chance. He was cross-eyed. :(

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1836 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2021  07:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't seen any yet. Haven't seen a lot of change this year but nothing much new anyway.
Australia
6 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hambo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I work as a cashier at a supermarket and have been lucky to find a few in my till, I was able to complete the previous alphabet set purely from noodling at work so I'm hoping I'll be able to do the same with this set.
Valued Member
Australia
390 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add karloning to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
""I work as a cashier at a supermarket and have been lucky to find a few in my till, I was able to complete the previous alphabet set purely from noodling at work so I'm hoping I'll be able to do the same with this set.""

If you need any Hambo - I have 50 or more spares. Noodled 4 sets for myself.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18987 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  10:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My experience is
series 2 much scarcer than series 1 in pocket change.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1094 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  01:04 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
indeed much scarcer not only that had a customer asking if I had any in the till today, sadly none to trade (especially with the lockdown surprises me that there are die hard coin collectors).

My feeling is that mintages are the actually similar to series 1 and maybe even higher. Its just that demand/hoarding this time around is much higher.
Edited by ryurazu
07/31/2021 01:06 am
Valued Member
Australia
390 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add karloning to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Starting to find a few of the new series in Perth - but can't get excited about it
Australia
48 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2021  06:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Full set successfully noodled!!

1st coin found 8 June 2021 (F for Flies)
Last coin found 1 September 2021 (C for Cherry Ripe)

Total of 97 letters out of 7660 dollar coins noodled.

Excitement level: 4/10
Pillar of the Community
Australia
825 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2021  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Full set successfully noodled!!

1st coin found 8 June 2021 (F for Flies)
Last coin found 1 September 2021 (C for Cherry Ripe)

Excitement level: 4/10

WOW That's some quick noodling and good odds. I have only found 3 from ~1000 coins. Likewise, my response was 'meh'. Am still trying to complete sets from the first round but first round letters are getting scarcer.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
884 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2021  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Congratulations MachinMachinMan, that was fast!

To complete the set of 26 coins for the first Great Aussie Coin Hunt I had to sort through 15500 coins finding a total of 91 letters and taking nearly double the time ... 150 days compared to your 85 days!
Edited by coaster
09/06/2021 6:15 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18987 Posts
 Posted 09/06/2021  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Never seen any in normal circulation
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 875Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05