Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ebay-Managed Payments Will They Need.

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 2,267Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
309 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2021  9:10 pm  Show Profile   Check Singer's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Singer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
what happens if or when a return for any reason is initiated?
will Ebay simply just go into your bank account?

I believe that they can under managed pay.

With PayPal, there is a separate layer of protection for the seller. Ebay will approve the refund (as you say- for any reason...) but only the seller has the control to release the funds.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1258 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2021  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So far it does not seem too bad, just had first sale under new system and I saved $0.50 or about 0.4% compared to what it was like with Paypal. I guess that counts as a win. I'll see how the actual payment to bank comes through next week, hopefully smooth.

I still don't like paying a final value fee on tax, and then paying an additional tax on the portion of the final value fee that is derived from the tax. I wonder how customers/ebay would react to adding a tax surcharge to cover ebay's cut.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1458 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  10:26 am  Show Profile   Check 47P7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sorry double post.. something did not go right
Edited by 47P7
06/11/2021 10:30 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1458 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  10:29 am  Show Profile   Check 47P7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
because of bank processing time,

that translates into BIG money for everyone in between.
you pay now and the $ are out of your acct into the Banks "transfer acct" and stay there for whatever time they have programmed to pay it out to the recipient's Bank into their "transfer acct". again the payout will occur in accordance with the way it is programmed for pay out.
and these times are dependant on the bank-customer relationship.
But the big questions asked originally is : Does Ebay need a banking license for doing these payments? they have received deposits and holding these. Are these guaranteed by the GOV? if Ebay would go away over night?
so far, unless I missed it, these questions were not addressed or even answered.
H
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4003 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  11:21 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No EBay does not need a banking licence .
A better question H ......does Adyen who is managing the
Payment system need to meet regulatory requirements?
I have a feeling this Managed Payment bovinity will not end well.
I asked Ebay at least five pointed questions regarding MP ,
the most important being , why can't I use my USD account in
WA to accept payments ?
Their answer it is illegal ! When I asked them to point out a law
where it is illegal for a Canadian to have a USD account in an American
Bank , utter CRICKETS ! Because it is not! There are certain requirements
that have to be adhered to , but completely legit .
My wish is that Ebay slowly dies and disappears into the sunset .
Out of the ashes hopefully something better arises .
It used to be fun and enjoyable selling on EBay , today not so much .
We sell on ETSY with no issues , but that is a slower building process.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1258 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@pacific I was wondering if that would come up sometime. They seem to have thought long and hard about how to squeeze every corner. I hope you can find a good solution, given your US sales.

I have yet to make a purchase via new system, but I had better be able to still pay in USD. PayPal was tricky by defaulting to charging in CAD for what I am assuming was "for my convenience" (not their high exchange fee) when using my credit card.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3545 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
if you go to the ebay discussion boards, on ebay.ca they are allowing usa money into usa accounts now..don't know all the specifics, but there are Canada sellers, now linking usa accounts..
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4003 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  6:02 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You MUST USE a Canadian bank that has a US$ account in Canada
You CANNOT USE a USD account based in the US .
Any one in the coin business knows that trying
to buy in the US with a foreign cheque ( even though denominated
in USD drawn on a Canadian bank ) , that don't work to well y'all!
EBay is bleeping brain dead over this .
Why is it that the same managed payment provider ADYEN
can put our Etsy payments into our US account in USD in
Washington State and can't do the same with Ebay ?
EBay right up there in the horrible companies to do business
with !
Edited by Pacificoin
06/11/2021 6:06 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1458 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Check 47P7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am very curious as to WHEN, not if, PayPal will be involved with a similar auction business?
I certainly could think of one....
will probably make a phone call soon to see if there is some possibility. I know the auction groundwork is probably in place.
H
Edited by 47P7
06/11/2021 8:11 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1258 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After a relatively busy weekend, I am happy to say total savings is about 1.0% compared to using using Paypal & ebay together. All payments from weekend processed in time for 1x/week deposit to bank on Tuesday, now just waiting for bank to receive. Had some USA orders which adds 0.4% fee, but thankfully not many added taxes where ebay takes a cut.

Effective cost is 13.36% vs. 14.32

At first I was very skeptical on this, but so far I'm actually saving money, this is after about 12 orders. Maybe at the end of the year I can buy myself an nice shiny penny with the savings :-).

Would love to hear others experience with it, but probably still sucks for those with lots US sales
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1702 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Smallcentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My only relevant experience is a transitional negative situation. I had to give a refund to someone who originally bought through Paypal. This was not possible on either the eBay or the Paypal platform for some reason and turned into a half-hour long contact eBay hassle.
Edited by Smallcentguy
06/15/2021 4:01 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4003 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The .4 per cent they add for sales to the US
is a beauty !
Foreign transaction fee , what a joke .
The only businesses I loath more than EBay ,
the oil companies !
Pillar of the Community
Canada
647 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2021  10:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does Etsy give sellers the option to use PayPal? Or must all sales run through Etsy Payments?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4003 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2021  11:56 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All sales go through Etsy payments .
Really smooth, not an issue in 3 Years .
Still waiting for last weeks EBay payment .
What a joke!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1458 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  10:52 am  Show Profile   Check 47P7's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The longer they can keep anyones money the more they will make on it... just like the banks.
I am also wondering if it is legal for Ebay Canada to charge a fee on US taxes or , on any taxes?
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 37 / Views: 2,267Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05