Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Do You Folks Here Think About Ebay's New Tracking Number System?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 531Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2343 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  1:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It comes with a disclaimer:

Quote:
This shipment includes fewer tracking updates.

Personally I think it sucks! less accountability, Can't even have alerts sent to my phone for delivery dates or it even being delivered.

eBay Delivery Services tracking #ESUS4675XXXX

I'm seeing this more and more often. I would rather have the USPS tracking system for my items that that.
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower dollar Album coin count: 36/36, My Dansco 8166,8167 Kennedy half dollar Album coin count: 198/198
My Dansco 8140,8143-8147 Washington quarter Albums coin count: 423/423
My Dansco 8113,8114 Jefferson nickel Albums coin count: not sure yet
Edited by Dearborn
06/02/2021 1:45 pm
Valued Member
United States
138 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  5:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1847bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I ship using the eBay standard postage. I think is us what eBay has needed for years. It will track and show delivery for items $20 or less. If you want it shipped USPS first class package you should ask the seller before making payments. I would also be aware of sellers charging around $4 for first class packages and sending another way.
Bill
Pillar of the Community
United States
2343 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Bill. I had not noticed the price cut-off. But now that you point it out, the eBay tracking is only om my orders that are under $20.00.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower dollar Album coin count: 36/36, My Dansco 8166,8167 Kennedy half dollar Album coin count: 198/198
Valued Member
United States
309 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  6:32 pm  Show Profile   Check Singer's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Singer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Standard Envelope option is a great alternative to first class envelope as it does provide tracking (albeit it somewhat inferior to a USPS First Class Package) for a reduced cost. Instead of sending an item in a #10 envelope and relying on the buyer to be honest about receiving it, this is a way to discourage that practice. It also allows sellers to offer lower cost items without having to charge a $3.12 minimum shipping fee on a USPS First Class Package with tracking. It's a trade-off.

I also think this is somewhat of a Beta test on Ebay's part as I believe their ultimate goal is for them to have complete internal control over shipping. This is their experimental foot in the door to that end.
Valued Member
United States
309 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Check Singer's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Singer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe one of our forum colleagues, JDMern, can weigh in on this topic. I know he sells a large number of single coin items on Ebay.

I would love to hear his thoughts as one of Ebay's most recognized sellers.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2343 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2021  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder if I had shopped at JDMern's eBay store..
Valued Member
Russian Federation
338 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2021  10:08 am  Show Profile   Check Slerk's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm like an international buyer. I recently bought coins from 2 different sellers. One of them was sending to USPS, the other to ebay. I am more satisfied with the eBay delivery. I could track the progress of my parcel in more detail, and it also cost me less (delivery cost$12)
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 531Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05