Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1786 Dated 2 Skilling Dansk - Countefeit? (Answer: No, Just Misidentified)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 108Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
4371 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2021  5:32 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
A Danish mystery coin.

I picked this up today on a whim out of a box of unsorted world coins. Granted it's well circulated which may account for some loss in dimensions and weight, but it certainly seems to be significantly deficient in every aspect of the issue's specifications. Diameter is only 17.6 mm, thickness is just 0.4 mm, and it comes in light at 1.00 gram. More troubling is that the last year the type was supposedly struck was 1785.

See: https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces42563.html

Colligo ergo sum
Edited by Lucky Cuss
06/07/2021 9:32 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Sweden
706 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2021  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add erafjel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is actually a Norwegian coin (the crossed hammers below the arms show that): https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces72027.html
Pillar of the Community
United States
4371 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2021  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Thank you, simply misidentified by me. I hadn't noticed the crossed hammers detail, & wouldn't have appreciated their significance even if I had.

Colligo ergo sum
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 108Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.17 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05