Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Why Can't It Be A Leap Year? Is It Still A Birthday Serial?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 349Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
59 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  8:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add dant5150 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Came home from the bank today with my stack of $5 bills for the Garage Sale I am hosting this weekend.

Most certainly there was an inspection... got 2 UNC's with 3 digits apart in succession... and the one pictured.

I had to Google the Regulations for this to be considered a Birthday Serial... after trying to determine whether or not it was a Leap Year or not...

Why oh why?

HCJ2292021 (m/d/y)

February 29th, 2021

Is this still considered a birthday note... 22nd of September, 2021 (d/m/y) ? No?
Edited by dant5150
06/12/2021 06:44 am
Canada
18 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Handi1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You Googled the rules and then changed them to fit your bill the second time around. It seems you may make the numbers whatever you wish until you're happy.
As far as the birthday notes go not much of a following - birthyear notes a bit more popular.
Valued Member
Canada
59 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2021  06:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dant5150 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It seems you may make the numbers whatever you wish until you're happy.

Uhm... what?!

I don't know where you get this absurd idea from and ...and this is a family friendly forum. Strike one.

Dates are and can be written in a number of ways... m/d/y or d/m/y or y/m/d. As for Banknotes and the one I presented... if this was a Leap Year 2/29/2021 my Note would be special and you'd be eating your hat.

Don't come here and try and tell me my intention or motivation if you want to make nice because as of right now, I wouldn't share my lunch with you but please, please go ahead and correct me, you're obviously... *** Edited by Staff to remove a direct insult. Strike two. Three strikes and you are out. ***
Valued Member
United States
489 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2021  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here in the states that's a September birthday note for sure, but I don't think you'd have as much interest in the American market
[Custom 7070 v3.0 WIP] - - - [Custom 7070 v2.0] - - - [Custom 7070 v1.0]
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2816 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2021  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MoneyPenney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its a birthday note for sure because it can be either d/m/y or m/d/y depending on your preference or popularity.

In this case it would be 22/9/2021 or d/m/y.

BTW, to the previous poster, I think m/d/y is used mainly in the US. d/m/y is more popular in Canada and the world.

2021 is not a leap year so you can't call this a leap year note. 2020 was a leap year.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 349Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.21 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05