Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1917 Walking Liberty Half, Unslabbed,

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 395Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
501 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  11:52 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KenBerthiaume to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
not sure about this coin, may be polished.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3215 Posts
 Posted 06/11/2021  11:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say XF or low AU details. Possibly an old cleaning, but more concerning is what looks like some early pitting on the obverse.

Addendum: on second thought, the date and letters look a little suspect. You sure it's genuine?
Edited by Zurie
06/12/2021 12:12 am
Valued Member
Australia
374 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2021  06:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echidna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks OK to me
A man who tells lies merely hides the truth. But a man who tells half-lies has forgotten where he put it.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15568 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2021  07:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Zurie took the words right out of my mouth .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Valued Member
United States
299 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2021  08:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MisterT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Overall it looks OK to me too but I do see a few pimples in the fields of both obverse and reverse which always raise a red flag with me. Have you weighed and measured the coin?
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18704 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2021  08:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would much rather see good quality pics of coins in the 'raw', than slabbed. They are easier to grade from on screen pictures.
This coin has been cleaned a long time ago, and has since re-toned.
IMO, the small pits are minor sharp point impact damage; for me, that would not be a deal breaker at this grade.
Nevertheless, still a desirable coin; I wouldn't mind having it my collection.

The wear on Lib's boobs consistent with
EF-45

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59259 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2021  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say AU-53, possibly details for reasons noted.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10323 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2021  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i have to go with AU details also
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2620 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
22385 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2021  11:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-53 details, environmental damage. Lots of corrosion still in the skirt above the knee.
The coin is genuine.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 395Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05