Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Idea I Have About My Coin Photos

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 268Next Topic  
CCF Advertiser
Learn More...
United States
995 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2021  10:36 am Show Profile   Check louisvillekyshop's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add louisvillekyshop to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So over the years I have gotten much better at photographing coins and I often think a lot of these photos you could hang on a wall as art and that would be acceptable. Depends on the coin detail, the scene etc. But then I often say oh this will just be lost forever after I list the coin and I don't keep any photos. So getting into the WorthPoint site, which apparently is some sort of eBay memory of all things sold, I thought what unique thing did I write on all my listings for many years and I'd search that. Well I have for a very long time said people should so to this coin community site but you can't post a link so I tell people in each listing to search for "coin community family ancients" which works fine on Google. Oddly enough doing that exact search on WorthPoint just brings up almost 7,000 of my old listings where I plan to start clicking through and pulling the photos I thought were lost forever. At least make a file I can use for a slide show in a photo frame that runs files of the better ones. I have been toying with the idea of taking an old XP laptop and building a picture frame around the screen and a box below for the computer once you have it flat all the way open and that can even be a large photo viewer to hang on a wall. So Bob L maybe I can be a bit of an artist like you are someday!

https://www.worthpoint.com/inventor...&categories=

This site is also nice for me as if I sold a coin before I can easily find out by searching "coin community family ancients" and the name of the coin type and when it pulls up I can use the text again for a new listing.
Edited by louisvillekyshop
06/12/2021 10:39 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
4808 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2021  10:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting idea. Evaluate the visual quality of an 'old' XP laptop's display before committing to making it the foundation of a framed display. Laptop/flatscreen display technologies have improved quality-wise over the years.
Edited by ijn1944
06/12/2021 10:55 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
5947 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2021  11:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds interesting. Perhaps one of the digital photo frames already on the market would suffice for this?
CCF Advertiser
Learn More...
United States
995 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2021  11:16 am  Show Profile   Check louisvillekyshop's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add louisvillekyshop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sure but it is a sin to throw out so much usable stuff in my opinion Bob. My phone is over 10 years old now and was an original 4g so works fine, drive a 1997 car with quarter million miles on it etc. We live with some of the most environmentally unconscious people we have ever had. Boxes for everything to the door. Glued to a phone screen draining energy half the time with the car running in parking lots like they live in their cars. And each new phone is made by forced labor often with rare earth elements from countries that strip the land to make these devices but they need new ones all the time. Plus the time playing on a phone is time they could be working and producing for society and building a good life, in a world where in less than 5 days there are more than one million more people net. Snapshot of all living on the planet, 5 days later suddenly one million more. None of this works on paper so I am using my old stuff, sewing my shirts myself as well as ironing each night. And some guy is not going to drive food to my house unless I am very very elderly.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4741 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2021  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 268Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05