I found this nickel in a roll. I see quite a bit of die polishing lines on the edges and between the lettering devices on both sides.
1. The detail on the cuff on the right hand is missing
2. Thumb on right hand appears to be doubled
3. The initials NEN are mangled
4. Left side of E and 0 in 1803 barely perceptible, like the N on obverse- flattened
5. A at the end of AMERICA appears to be flattened
1. 2004 - not sure what happened on the date, PMD
2. N in IN looks like the middle is missing but when you look at it the line is visible but almost flat
Thank you for all the help from everyone. Hope my observations make sense, wondering if die polishing gone awry or a combination of grease / PMD
...sorry if I am way off base.