Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Gold Kurush Turkish Coin Help

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 346Next Topic  
United States
37 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2021  3:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ok88beat to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am having trouble finding this coin in my world coin book. I am pretty sure its Turkish and a gold 12.5 kurush, it weighs .9grams and is 15mm in diameter. Any help with the year or ID is appreciated, might even be a "jewelers coin" but not sure.

Valued Member
United States
446 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2021  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Check Seeker55's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Seeker55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, looks very much like these Ottoman 25 kurush coins (which are twice the weigh of yours), Mehmed V, Constantinople mint.

http://search.zeno.ru/index.php?v=0...7&e=&f=0&s=0

The date on your coin is AH 1327, regnal year 4.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5030 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2021  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmm ....

But it does not look at all like the Krause 12.5 kurush coin:
https://www.NGCcoin.com/price-guide...duid-1536257

And does not show at all in acsearch as best I can tell.

So maybe your initial suspicion is correct (although it REALLY looks authentic)
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3199 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2021  04:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is a Turkish coin collector Facebook page, that I am a member of. Maybe you could join and post it there. They might be able to help.
This is the name...
TUM DUNYA MADENI PARA KOLEKSIYONU

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19010 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2021  06:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good to be prudent.
I feel reasonably certain that jewelers' copies were made of these coins, mainly for bridal adornment at wedding ceremonies.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 346Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05