Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1969 S Overpolished Reverse Die 1 Of1 ANACS

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 404Next Topic  
United States
28 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2021  9:16 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SearchHound to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I took advantage of ANACS special last month Lincoln Cent grading a minimum of 10-coins for $10 each. I added "Attribute" and this is what came back. I looked at their Population and it's 1 of 1. I have no clue what a value add this would be? Has anyone seen an Overpolished Die destination from ANACS or, is this something new? Also, I don't see the OP abbreviation destination on the slab. Am I missing something here?

Thanks for having a look and any feedback!

Edited by SearchHound
06/13/2021 9:29 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3416 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2021  9:55 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know what "OP" means as a superlative but "Overpolished Reverse Die" would be under Variety not Super. Your coin's superlative ("Super") is RB.

I don't think that's your coin in the pop report?

Regardless, overpolishing is fairly common on the 60s-70s cents and also not a die variety/event that is at all popular with collectors. Your coin being potentially the only one graded does not mean it's rare, just that nobody has got one graded and paid for it to be labelled "overpolished". I don't think there is much incentive to pay to have it labelled this way.

Also I thought the Attribute service is for the occasion you know there's a variety but are unsure of the designation or reference number. I'm sure this was frustrating with the attributers at ANACS, getting a coin with "Attribute" but no details about what they should be looking at.

I also sent coins out with this deal. This thread is now the third time someone here has gotten their coins back from ANACS using this deal and I'm still waiting for grades!
Valued Member
United States
365 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2021  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hopefully they didn't charge you extra for this [worthless] designation.

What were your expectations for this coin?
Those who know what's best for us, must save us from ourselves.
Edited by CentSation
06/13/2021 10:35 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3467 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2021  12:03 am  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a fascinating population report. Given that almost none of them are high grade (only 3 are MS65 or better), that list is likely all the coins submitted by people with MD coins hoping they found the DDO-001.

Sorry to hear you are still waiting Tanman. At least you aren't dealing with NGC, which has had my coins since I think February.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2038 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2021  02:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure how they figure the die has been overpolished. Looks fairly early die state to me with no "floating roof" or "no FG."
My best finds:
1996 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/372066
1995 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/376071#3225244
2000-D Maryland Quarter Rotated Die http://goccf.com/t/394553
1988-P "Reverse of '89": http://goccf.com/t/399390
Massive strike through error on 1957-P Jefferson nickel http://goccf.com/t/402781
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59431 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2021  08:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To me this is a slab too far, no offense to anyone.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52391 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2021  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is the 1969-D cent that PCGS used to grade, but now they stopped, as they figured out it is a common event, not a multi dollar coin.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3093 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  12:08 am  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!

The Overpolished Die designation isn't new for ANACS. I have a full mint bag of 5000+ 1974-D Lincoln Memorial cents that have varied degrees of clash, die polishing and die rotation. None of which really add any value to the coins.

"Shine, shine a Roosevelt dime. All the way to Baltimore and runnin' out of time." Tom Waits-Clap Hands

Edited by Yokozuna
06/15/2021 12:10 am
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 404Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05