Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2000 P LMC This One May Be A Tanman Special, Doubled Lobe

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 318Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
4797 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2021  6:52 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Found this 2000 P LMC and it doesn't appear to have been made by circulation flattening. Seems like I remember Tanman making mention of a doubled ear from either a 2000 P or D. It may very well just be some king of weird MD. Thoughts? The fourth pic is that of a normal 2000 P cent.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3415 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2021  7:10 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine was 2000-D. http://www.doubleddie.com/684634.html

Looks very similar to mine until the last image. The shape looks really off there?

I would say these minor doubled ears are extremely difficult to confirm/debunk unless you see them in-hand.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4797 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2021  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tanman, my very first thought was circulation flattening but in the fifth pic the lobe is slightly higher than the rest of the ear. Would you suggest submitting?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3415 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2021  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That last pic does look more like circulation hit/flattening, but the others look closer to my 2000-D.

It's really up to you if you want to submit this. It could go either way, I'm not sure with just these photos. If you do submit it, go with Wexler. CONECA/Wiles gave a "no" for mine so I can probably guess what the result from them would be.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4797 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2021  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If Wexler is taking submissions I'll give it a go.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52348 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2021  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd save the postage and his time. It is not a DDO. It is circulation flattening. On a doubled ear, it will be raised above the fields or the design, not below the devices. When you have an accident with your car, is the damage incuse? That is what happens to moving objects, they take a hit. (coins included)
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
4797 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coop, if that's the case then there shouldn't be doubled lives on the shield cents. I completely get what you're saying. With cent in hand you can see it is raised above the fields.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52348 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  09:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Make a side by side of a normal cent the same year/your coin on the ear area?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 318Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05