Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

May Have The Greatest Beginners Luck With This Box Of Quarter Rolls

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 1,484Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
4 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2021  11:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Beginner luck to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Can't post pictures although 47 rolls appear brand new 2021 quarters bright and shiny which look uncirculated. 39 rolls are showing the Washington crossing the Delaware coin.
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2021  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beginner luck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
4739 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  12:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I had them, I'd stash and save them all.... who knows what the future might hold

to CCF
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11846 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  03:29 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice. I've been thinking of asking local banks to see if they have rolls of the new quarters. I might stash a couple back for myself. Whether they become anything special depends on what the Mint does going forward, I believe.
In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40017 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  04:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. What I would do is keep one or two rolls where they show heads on one end and tails on the other end unopened and search the rest for errors,varieties and high grade ones.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
2210 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  08:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Nice collection of quarters there
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower dollar Album coin count: 36/36, My Dansco 8166,8167 Kennedy half dollar Album coin count: 198/198
My Dansco 8140,8143-8147 Washington quarter Albums coin count: 423/423
My Dansco 8113,8114 Jefferson nickel Albums coin count: not sure yet
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59259 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Valued Member
United States
440 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  09:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Combined mintage for the 2021 quarters through April is supposedly 288 million. It's always possible there is an error coin in there somewhere, but I wouldn't expect these quarters to appreciate much overall.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1501 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  09:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If, and I say if 47 rolls are all new enders but 3 rolls are not, I'd come to the conclusion that either they mixed in some circulated with the new coin in all the rolls, OR the box was opened and the bank stuck in 3 older rolls to make it 50 rolls.

I've gotten new boxes and found 3-4 circulated coins per roll, none as enders, and it just had to be left over circulated kept in the mix with new coin when it got rolled up. the box looked all new but upon opening the rolls there was a dirty edge here or there and older dates.

Id start by searching the 3 rolls that show the circulated enders, if they are 2021 heavy, then it's likely the entire box is contaminated with circulated coin and you'd be best off sorting it for errors and set aside one or two rolls of the best examples, than to leave them as mixed rolls, or try to sell them as new rolls of 2021 and the persons that buys it hits you with "there's circulated in here!"

if the box wasn't sealed still when you got it or resealed, it's very likely the bank just tossed in 3 circulated rolls to make it 50 rolls again.

Now as far as 39, 8, and 3, the washington crossing obverse is different than the State or Park quarters, you should have no issue telling it from any other quarter in the last 20 years including 2021 tuskegee, it will have the date on the front at the bottom below the bust. so if those 8 say 2021 on the obverse, it's also washington crossings, it's the only thing it could be.

still those 3 randoms give me pause, I've seen circulated mixed in with new in sealed boxes, it happens, and if it did here, you really don't want the older coins and contaminants being stored with the fresh new coins side by side long term.
So I'd start the investigation on the box itself, was it opened before you got it? Was it resealed? then the wrappers, is it possible someone searched it, stuck in some other coins to make up the ones they kept and then turned in the box?, then check those 3 rolls if the first steps don't come to a conclusion, then those 8 rolls if checking those 3 doesn't give you a conclusion of what's likely to be last 39 rolls from the evidence as a whole. maybe someone got the box with intent to keep it, didn't want to tie up $500 and just took 3 rolls replace it with 3 mixed rolls and turned it back in to the bank.

I won't tell you to open everything necessarily, but you shouldn't, let say, sell them as new rolls of 2021, and get complaints people are finding older coin in them.
I don't think you would want to put up $500 in new quarters for a rainy day just to find out 10 years from now, 1-5-10% of the box was circulated and been in contact with your coins in the rolls for 10 years either.
Generally I open the rolls and search for errors, and set aside the best roll or two of a new box into coin tubes and return the rest, so I'm not sitting on $500 in quarters forever. I'd rather use the money to search more then tie it up. But I understand some people make a couple bucks off of selling rolls on ebay and stuff. to each their own.

Learn More...
United States
101893 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9796 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now there's a chance for some high grade W mint marks!
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
1890 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Now there's a chance for some high grade W mint marks!

That was my thought as well. Could very well be some new 2019 or 2020 quarters and I'd have to pull all the "W"s out of there. No "W" mints for 2021 from what I've read, so if you can confirm that the whole roll is likely 2021, I'd just save those intact.
Valued Member
United States
395 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IsThisAnything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 2021s are quite pretty! I pulled a few very nice looking examples recently.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9796 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
No "W" mints for 2021 from what I've read

Thanks, didn't know that. (Never found any yet myself)
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
1596 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  9:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also got a box 100 percent full f Tuskegee Airmen Quarters at my bank. I will just stash them.
Learn More...
United States
101893 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2021  12:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I also got a box 100 percent full f Tuskegee Airmen Quarters at my bank. I will just stash them.
Impressive!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 16 / Views: 1,484Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05