Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2009 Early Childhood Lincoln Cent Question

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 383Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
430 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  01:20 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Perhaps I just haven't seen one of these in a while but This cent just looks odd to me.
I know that sounds stupid but I would like to have somebody else take a look.
please let me know if you see anything off or maybe I'm just a little bit off LOL.
I have taken photos of any areas that might be important for your judgement.
Thank you

Valued Member
United States
356 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  01:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scuba1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am more in tune with the Lincoln Formative Years Cents with the doubled "finger/thumb" but as far as I can see, your Early Childhood Cent looks normal to me. However, there are numerous DDR varieties of this Cent and they all revolve around the ends of the logs protruding from the cabin closest to the side window. Check out one of the major sites to compare yours to.
Valued Member
United States
430 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  02:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do my best to be vigilant about checking the web but my vision is not what it should be.
I have an issue sometimes unless it is smacking me in the face in a manner of speaking.
If I hold on to it long enough I will be able to spot the issue but it is just frustrating.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52354 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  08:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There were a few DDR's on this series as well:

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
430 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2021  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Coop thanks for the picture I think I might have it but I went on that variety Vista and there are so many more than just seven that now I'm confused again it's a little overwhelming and honestly it seems like there's so many different ones of it that it's not that unique anyway.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52354 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2021  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At least on V.V they separate the 4 different reverses. When they started listing these, the DDR's were all a new thing. Who know there would be that many when they started to list them. That is why coppercoins has them all together. the LP2 DDRs where the easiest ones to find. Just look in the mint rolls from the mint.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Valued Member
United States
430 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2021  10:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That explains a lot about the listing difference. Definitely understand why they did it that way.
Much easier and not so overwhelming.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52354 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  05:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess it fits into the saying: "I guess you had to be there" term. Thus why I share my experiences.
Richard S. Cooper

Valued Member
United States
430 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I definitely appreciate you sharing your experiences with me. Definitely helps with learning curve
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 383Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05