Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hi-Jacked Threads. What To Do?

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 54 / Views: 1,442Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3417 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
For example, I create a topic about a glorious Ike dollar.
Learn More...
United States
101893 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  2:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't have a machine with 95, but my desktop PC is still running Vista. Will that work?
Nope, WinNuke was long patched by then.

Quote:
Oh, not to hijack a hijack, but does anyone know where I can find a Vista to Windows 7 upgrade disk?
Start a topic in General Discussion. I think we have pushed the limit on this thread.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2210 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  6:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
For example, I create a topic about a glorious Ike dollar.

Is there even such a thing like that?
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower dollar Album coin count: 36/36, My Dansco 8166,8167 Kennedy half dollar Album coin count: 198/198
My Dansco 8140,8143-8147 Washington quarter Albums coin count: 423/423
My Dansco 8113,8114 Jefferson nickel Albums coin count: not sure yet
Edited by Dearborn
06/15/2021 6:09 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
503 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  6:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I understand the "hijack" issue, BUT some forums don't like people starting new threads about stuff already covered in other peeps' threads. I guess it takes practice to get used to different forums' rules/preferences...
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52297 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Often this happens to new members not aware of this subject. So I recommend the the staff method. They can help assist them better through a private message. While we cover the subjects many times over and over, I always try to present it in a new manner each time. That sharpens my perspective, and it doesn't sound old hat is we give it an extra thought.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
6404 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2021  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I understand the "hijack" issue, BUT some forums don't like people starting new threads about stuff already covered in other peeps' threads

We aren't those other forums (there are other forums?). We LOVE new threads! The more the merrier!

ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3451 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2021  02:57 am  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My favorite thread read of the night. I'm not a thread purist and while hijacking isn't great, discussion and humor in threads is worth the time.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21345 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2021  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Someone reported my Phillies post in this topic.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3078 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2021  09:44 am  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't do it! I was just joking!
"Shine, shine a Roosevelt dime. All the way to Baltimore and runnin' out of time." Tom Waits-Clap Hands

Learn More...
United States
101893 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2021  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I understand the "hijack" issue, BUT some forums don't like people starting new threads about stuff already covered in other peeps' threads.
Knowing the difference is key.

When discussing a specific coin... "What do you think of my coin? How does it grade?" and et cetera... and someone says "Look at mine instead!" That is a hi-jack.

However, if I post something then it is fine if someone posts theirs as an example to show what mine is not. It is also okay if the OP specifically invites people to show theirs.

Another example is an ongoing topic regarding new US Mint releases. Keep the discussion and speculation in one place. It is also okay if people are later showing off their new coins because they made the five minute order window.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52297 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2021  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So rather than confront a new member, let the staff handle it. It's like being told in a crowd that your pants are unzipped when someone hollers it? Better a whisper in private to accomplish the task, than to complain or embarrass a new one. They will tell all their friends: "You know what they did to me there!!!!" Just do the right thing, use the feature that will correct the issue.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Learn More...
United States
101893 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2021  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Better a whisper in private to accomplish the task, than to complain or embarrass a new one.

Quote:
Just do the right thing, use the feature that will correct the issue.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9808 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2021  12:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Someone reported my Phillies post in this topic.

Did somebody get a time out?
1883-O Nut
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
21345 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2021  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nah. They were right.
Valued Member
United States
395 Posts
 Posted 06/16/2021  3:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IsThisAnything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Best read of the week
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 54 / Views: 1,442Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05