It's June 21st, Midsummer Day, when old spirits roam the countryside of Olde England and the inhabitants tend to go slightly crazy...
So I thought I'd give away these coins!
There is a catch though!
I am not sending each coin to whoever requests it!
I have written numbers from 1 to 12 on twelve plain paper coin envelopes. I then turned the envelopes upside down so I couldn't see the numbers, and shuffled them around so I couldn't tell which was which. I then put each coin (or group of coins) in an envelope!
The coins are:
- 1980 Queen Mother's 80th Birthday Crown
- 1981 Charles & Diana Wedding Crown
- Uncirculated 1967 penny
- Uncirculated 1971 decimal bronze set (Half, One & Two Pence)
- Uncirculated 2012 short set (One, Two, Five & Ten Pence)
- Uncirculated 1973 EEC 50 pence (Hands design)
- Uncirculated 2018 Representation of People Act 50p coin
- Uncirculated 2016 Shakespeare History £2 coin
- Pair of scarce Scottish Shillings (1961 and 1965), VF+
- Bronze French 1907 10 centimes with the Dupuis design, F+
- Tale of Peter Rabbit 50p 2017, AU
- Silver 1936 George V florin, F+ (possibly VF in USA)
***RULES OF THE GIVEAWAY***
How to enter - Just choose a number between 1 and 12 and I will post you the envelope bearing that number!
If you are not happy with this arrangement, please don't enter!
Please reply to this post with your chosen number and send me a PM with your name and address.
One entry per person
You must be a CCF Member with at least 50 quality posts and 14 days' membership to apply (as per CCF Rules)
Coins are circulation standard, and any described as Uncirculated are not specimen BU coins and may show bag marks
Coins will be sent uninsured via the normal UK postal system, wrapped in paper or card
It's not compulsory, but it would be nice if members could post a photo of their coin when they receive it!
Hurry up and choose your numbers!