Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

July 2021 - RCM Release

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 2,006Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
477 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  10:05 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It must be the last week of the month bug given it is summer... a short list this month. Outside of a few announcements last week that were either late June or Early July, this month sees the final annual coin, the $200 gold... thankfully its form factor hasn't changed.

There is another aviation theme after the success of the Avro Arrow last month, the Snowbirds get their time in the spotlight. The 5oz coin is very good looking... not quite as stunning as the Arrow but will likely be popular in aviation themed collections

Pure Silver - 10oz - FV $100 - Our National Colours - 76.25mm - Mintage: 800 - Contains Red Enamel Maple Leaf - $999.95
Pure Gold (99.99%) 1/2oz - FV $200 - Early Canadian History: The Fur Trade - 29mm - Mintage: 1,200 - Annual $200 coin - $2,199.95
Pure Silver - 1oz -FV $20 - Black & Gold (Rhodium & Gold Plating) - 38mm - Mintage: 4,500 - Grey Wolf - $129.95
Pure Silver - 5oz - FV $50 - Selective Gold Plate - 65.25mm - Mintage 1,000 - 50th Anniversary of the Snowbirds - $ 599.95
Pure Silver - 1/4oz - FV $5 - Moments to Hold #3 - 27mm - Mintage: 100,000 - 50th Anniversary of the Snowbirds - $24.95 (part of Moments to Hold subscription)

Valued Member
Canada
239 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you @vonigohcr for the heads up.

I was interested in the Grey Wolf coin. This 1 oz gold & black coin is a follow-up to the 2020 Canadian Horse coin, which I already own and is selling up to $500 on eBay. According to CC&C, this new coin has a mintage of 5,500, which is a bit high for me. So I probably won't get this one. Nevertheless, I'm already broke this month with my $630 Flying Loon order.

I also liked the design of Early Canadian History. However, $2200 for half ounce of gold is too much for me.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1265 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dcadon to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why is the flying loon not dated 2021? According to the Mint's flyer, it's a 2020 coin.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
922 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2021  06:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add New1954 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@YesorNo The Grey wolves gold and rhodium coin mintage is 4500 and not 5500 according to the email I received from RCM unless they are wrong. lol.

@Dcadon You are so correct about the flying loon. It is dated 2020 yet RCM claims it is a 2021 coin release. It appears they held off on releases last year due to covid possibly?

Not much this month but I will get the grey wolves coin and that is it.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6090 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2021  08:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@vonigohcr: Thanks for the July update! I'm sure many CCF viewers appreciate your early glimpses into the next R C M release.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
477 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2021  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
@YesorNo The Grey wolves gold and rhodium coin mintage is 4500 and not 5500 according to the email I received from RCM unless they are wrong. lol.

I received the printed version of the monthly release and it also stated 4,500 as the mintage.

@commems... Thanks for the note, It is always of interest to me to figure out if I have to "jump quickly" on a given item... I hope that these updates provide CCF viewers who aren't at the Masters-Diamond level the option to get into any secondary channels they may have when a desired coin is released.

My only purchase this month will be the $200 gold... initially as series continuation but it is actually a clean design and a worthy coin. But with 1,200 being minted and the high price, I am not worried about a rapid sell out... the 1oz coins from May are still for sale (1936 10 cent dot replica and the Ramming sheep).
Pillar of the Community
United States
4739 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2021  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I must be looking in all the wrong places...can't seem to find images of any of them...
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6090 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2021  11:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I must be looking in all the wrong places...can't seem to find images of any of them...

They are currently only viewable by Masters Club (MC) members (and only the higher tiers of the MC at the moment). I believe they will be viewable by the general public next Tuesday (it's typically a week after being released to the highest MC level).

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Valued Member
Canada
239 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  09:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YesOrNo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I received the printed version of the monthly release and it also stated 4,500 as the mintage.

I'm confused. CC&C says 5,500:

The first coin in the series - Canadian Horse - had a mintage of 3,500. So a jump to 5,500 is quite significant.

RCM shows this coin is 70% sold out. Still, I'm unwilling to buy it if the mintage is 5,500.
Valued Member
Canada
292 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  11:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rjlavoie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On RCM website,

Pure Silver - 1oz -FV $20 - Black & Gold (Rhodium & Gold Plating) - 38mm - Mintage: 4,500 - Grey Wolf - $129.95
Pure Silver - 5oz - FV $50 - Selective Gold Plate - 65.25mm - Mintage 1,000 - 50th Anniversary of the Snowbirds - $ 599.95

are both showing as sold out.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
516 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@rjlavoie

Bought - Black & Gold Grey Wolf this morning around 10 am est and then went to Awaiting Stock right after. I'm sure TSC-The Coin Show next week will have a bunch.
"If you lose it here, you're in a world of hurt"
Edited by jimper
06/25/2021 1:56 pm
Valued Member
Canada
292 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2021  02:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rjlavoie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
New releases are out with dealers.
TSC sold out of a couple things already. 3% cash back
Gate west, at the moment looks to have everything. Some including the Grey Wolf and Snowbirds 5oz have VIP points and no quantity limit.
Edited by rjlavoie
06/29/2021 03:10 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
516 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2021  11:51 am  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got lucky and picked up the 2 oz. Pure Silver Coin - From the R&D Lab: Flying Loon from SilverGoldBull, now out of stock.
Valued Member
Canada
120 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2021  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tender4848 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Public Release today of RCM July release coins....

Snowbirds $50 5 oz. coin a hot item.

Canada Post had 0 on their Website
Gatewest Winnipeg sold out by noon.
TSC soldout by 4 am.

BUT

Colonial Acres (CAC) still showing 16 in stock.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
516 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2021  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Tender4848

You can add SilverGoldBull to your list. Snowbirds $50 5 oz. coin still showing stock.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
516 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2021  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Check jimper's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jimper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just received these coins yesterday. 2 beauties. Happy with my purchase.

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 2,006Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05