Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1967 P SMS Washington NGC MS67 Cameo DDR-005 With Strike Through On Obverse

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 279Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1671 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2021  5:39 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Cool coin! Has a lite spitting eagle die clash on the reverse and a small strike through on his nose. What do you think?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52433 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2021  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very slight Grease Fill on the 'OF A' on the reverse. The mark on the nose is a contact area. A Clash would show on the fields of the outlines of the designs. (Bust and Eagle)

On the top of the nose, that area is deep into the die. Just the outlines of the field areas are affected during a clash. Thus the drool ling eagle line is the neck outline from the obverse die. So the tops of devices are not affected, just the field area where the two field clash and the outlines transfer marks to each other. when those areas clash together.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
3418 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2021  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice DDR! (That's what the photos of "OF A" are highlighting, Coop) I do think that mark on the nose could be a strike-through but I would need a closer pic to be sure.

I agree with Coop in that I'm not seeing a die clash.
Learn More...
United States
20086 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2021  7:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Either way, the split serifs are nice and clear. Well done @will!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52433 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2021  7:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Possible DDR-005?
http://www.varietyvista.com/09b%20W...7PDDR005.htm
Check to see if this is the same one?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

Pillar of the Community
United States
1671 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2021  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys. Yes coop DDR-005. Here's an arrow pointing to the die clash. You can also see where they polished the rest away above QUARTER and around EPU.
Edited by Willburton
06/23/2021 8:17 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52433 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2021  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess the term "nose" threw me off. "Beak" is a better word.
Richard S. Cooper

Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 279Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05