Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1995 Lmp DDO. IGWT, Liberty, Date

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 345Next Topic  
United States
31 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  4:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Coindom76 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Going through my key year/off appearance pennies earlier and found this 1995 LMP that looks to matches Wexlers example. It looks right but my curiosity is in if it is indeed what I believe it to be as well as the extent of this example if so?
Thanks as always.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
40081 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
FYI: it is LMC not LMP. What attribution number do you think it is? Also, it would help me if you put a filter over your light source to cut down the glare.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
United States
31 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coindom76 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks John. I will do that with the light on my microscope to attempt to cut the glare. It appears to close match to WDDO-01. I will attempt to get pics with less glare. It is definitely showing doubling though.
Valued Member
United States
70 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Christian18 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately, this isn't the DDO-001.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40081 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  04:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just checked CCs' site and they list two and yours does not match either. I do not see your coin as a doubled die with these photos.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
175 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parnelli917 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a 1995 DDO and it is easy to see significant spread without a loupe. FYI, you can buy nice 1995, MS64-65 DDOs for around $50 as they are fairly common.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6464 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  09:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a doubled die, sorry. And no one refers to Lincoln Memorial Cents as LMP. They have CENTS minted right on the back of them! There is some plate separation on TRUST, but I don't see a DDO.
ça va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59355 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks pretty normal to me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5661 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with above on not being a DDO. however it would help if you could describe where you see doubling and what you were matching with Wexler's listing
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52354 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  10:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
But the good thing is that you have an EDS coin. Note how clean the fields are? Also note the devices are very fresh. I've seen this so many times, that when someone has an EDS coin and they think it is a DDO. But the EDS coin is the real value on this one. A keeper. Only bad thing is the split plating on the obverse devices. If this came from a BU roll, look for more examples of this fresh die coinage.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
31 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2021  4:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coindom76 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you coop. I appreciate your knowledge in recognizing early state dies and also your input on this 1995 Lincoln Cent.
As for the LMP/LMC typo. I already said thank you to John for pointing the title typo. I made a typo error. Sorry again.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52354 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  10:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To cut down on typos, I keep my word program open when the spell check gives me problems. So I take the issue word, and copy/paste it there and then use the spelling and grammar selection. Edit and post the correct spelling. Save a lot of time and patience. Think smarter, not harder.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
396 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IsThisAnything to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't worry Coindom, you're not the only one who has had to learn the collector vocabulary the hard way. I've come to think of a penny as currency (I work in retail) and a cent as having numismatic value or interest. This is a great group and they are here to teach and help. It's more agreeing and saying it's a unanimous opinion rather than trying to be rude. Stick around, you'll like this place. I learn something new every day!
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 345Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05