Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2015 D LSC Wwho-001 Or DDO-002?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 408Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2973 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  6:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've never found a doubled ear while CRHing before, so I was pretty happy when this came up. However after taking a look at Wexler's, I found it was just a working hub. But then I went to VV and found that it could be DDO-002.

What do you guys think?

(The coin seems to also have taken a hit on the right of the doubled ear).

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
Progress can only be achieved through trial and error. Failure is the greatest teacher.
Edited by SilverCents
06/24/2021 6:30 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
6502 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like coop's saying, "Keep what you would buy."

Personally, me, I would be neither a buyer nor a seller of this coin.

ça va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
2973 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Merclover, fair enough.

I presume you were responding to the question I asked before I edited the post, that being whether or a not a doubled hub is worth keeping. However, I do believe that it might actually be a DDO-002 instead of a doubled hub. If that's the case, then I'm certainly keeping it.

Yet I'm still unsure whether or not it's what I think it is. I guess we'll wait and see what the others have to say.
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
Progress can only be achieved through trial and error. Failure is the greatest teacher.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2134 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 11997755 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have you tried matching any markers ? That would probably answer your question as to which it is.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2973 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are no die markers for either coin.

The only die marker present is on the DDO-002, being a minor die crack on the reverse, which is not present on my coin.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2134 Posts
 Posted 06/24/2021  7:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 11997755 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
There are no die markers for either coin.

Sometimes I look at the images posted and see if I can find a die dot or scratch that is not listed specifically as a marker but helps as an identifier.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2973 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  12:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very good idea 11997755, however this coin is pretty spotless when it comes to anything noticeable. Perhaps it's a new die stage for the DDO-002. Both the WWHO-001 and DDO-002 seem to contain a low amount of information on them.

I think I am tilting towards the DDO-002 because it's more noticeable than the WWHO-001.

What do you guys think?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2038 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  07:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VV often lists dies as DDOs that Wexler considers doubled working hubs. I tend to believe Wexler more, since a lot of the time VV will have multiple seemingly identical entries on those varieties that only differ by a die marker. (e.g. 1966 Kennedy DDOs, 1968 LMC DDOs)
My best finds:
1996 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/372066
1995 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/376071#3225244
2000-D Maryland Quarter Rotated Die http://goccf.com/t/394553
1988-P "Reverse of '89": http://goccf.com/t/399390
Massive strike through error on 1957-P Jefferson nickel http://goccf.com/t/402781
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52416 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.doubleddie.com/2486337.html
You do realize that the WWHO is not a doubled die, but a doubled working hub. Meaning that many dies were created by this Hub.

Quote:

Obverse Varieties
2015-D 1˘ WWHO-001 Doubled Working Hub
Description: Light doubling shows on the bottom left of the earlobe.
Die Markers: Obverse: Will vary on the individual working dies. Reverse: Will vary on the individual working dies.
Cross References: CONECA: 2-O-VIII
(Bold added by coop)

The doubling on the DDO-001 is in the same direction. So I feel this is not a doubled die, but as Wexler calls it, a Doubled Working hub issue. So I would keep it for now. But keep it with a question mark on it? We might need to see examples later on and if you spend it, you might regret it.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
2973 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You do realize that the WWHO is not a doubled die, but a doubled working hub. Meaning that many dies were created by this Hub.

I understand what a WWHO is yes. I was simply asking because I thought that perhaps the DDO listed by VV was not the same as the working hub produced.

Interesting. VV calls it a DDO but Wexler calls it a WWHO, got it. I will keep it for future reference, even if it is just a product of a doubled hub. Thank you Sam and Coop.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 408Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05