Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1958 Wheat Penny Tripled Die ? New Photo

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 39 / Views: 1,762Next Topic
Page: of 3
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60747 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Die Deterioration here is evident to anyone who has a basic understanding of the subject.

Clearly @Milad does not, and dismisses evidence from members with years and years of experience in this area.

Ignorance is not bliss, it is a curse.

With respect, I think @Milad needs to spend more time learning about this subject.

Last post on this thread.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1985 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jasper62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Better question is did you ignore the other photos ? I mean agreeing with everyone might make you look cool but definitely doesn't make you right lol

Quote:
Incompetent jasper, when did you do that?

I don't agree with everyone hear just to agree. I've been a member here for twelve years now and can make my own assessments with a pretty good accuracy rate so there is no need to call me incompetent my friend. If this is how your going to communicate with members here maybe it's time you move on or maybe admin can just block you.
Edited by jasper62
06/30/2021 9:41 pm
45 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  10:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Milad_so7575 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hahaha what are you 13 now ? I mean just because you can't prove the fact that's wrong you gonna have me blocked? Hmmm I'm sorry for being rude but it's better than being stupid!

what you all are saying is that this is a Die Deterioration but the surface is perfectly flat all around without having any sort round surface like any DDD would have, it is flat all the way around and the rim makes a perfect 90 degrees angel, all the details are perfect printed 3 times, look at the back of the coin notice the E in the motto from far it appears as if it's printed once very boldly but when you look closely it's 3 E same with everything other word and letters, again I have posted photos and if you wanna act like 13 like my friend earlier just don't talk cause facts matters ! ;)
Edited by Milad_so7575
06/30/2021 10:52 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3489 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Die deterioration/wear.

Die flow is visible on both sides. Clearly the die was well into it's life and the pressures from striking forced the metal on the surface of the die to flow towards the rim. This created the doubling effect that you see on IGWT and EPU. This is Die Deterioration.
45 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  11:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Milad_so7575 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Tamman ,

Just for you ;)

45 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2021  12:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Milad_so7575 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Want more facts,
This reminds me of my 1955 DDO - 002 stage C but the big difference is that you do not see the pulling from the die on the lettering,

If you want more photos I have tons of examples ;)

FACTS!

Edited by Milad_so7575
07/01/2021 12:43 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40852 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2021  04:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Milad_so7575,
You said you are sending it to NGC. I asked you to please post full slab photos front and back when you receive it back from NGC. Please do not add more photos about this coin. Leave this thread alone until Milad_so7575 posts the slab photos please,thanks all members.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
07/01/2021 04:43 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1985 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2021  05:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jasper62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sorry you dont understand or comprehend what you've been told about you're coin but there's no need for insults and name calling.
I'm in agreement with John1
Forum Dad
United States
21381 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2021  07:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When you get it back from NGC use the contact form to let us know and I'll unlock this topic.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 39 / Views: 1,762Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05