Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Returning After A Few Years Away.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 562Next Topic  

United States
7 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2021  9:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Salmotrutta to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I joined this ground maybe 12 years ago and have been gone for quite some time. So long, in fact, I couldn't remember which email address I attached to this profile. I have been avid collector for several decades. Just took a hiatus for the last 4 years.
Valued Member
United States
126 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2021  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pmint1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome back. I took a 30 year hiatus myself. Enjoying it more than ever now.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
418 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  01:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I started a long break in '87 after about 20 years of collecting. Around '99 I started dipping my toes in the water again. By 2012 I was all in, even more so than I was when I was a youngster. I just recently joined this forum, and I'm very much enjoying it. Welcome back!
Learn More...
United States
105013 Posts
Valued Member
United States
246 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenwright396 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome back also, I am back after a hiatus. Very knowledgeable community here, much to learn from, Ken.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5074 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2021  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
1412 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2021  12:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
back!
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19144 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2021  03:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome back.
The biggest problem with being away from the coin and fine arts markets generally for 4years, is that coin prices have shot up so much, and especially recently.
Same applies to the gold and silver price, to which the coin market is very loosely related.

People are becoming nervous of the stock market continuing to rise and folks like Warren Buffet are keeping cash. However the problem with cash is that the interest rates are so low. Thus, people are hedging into coins (if that is their perceived area of expertise or interest) and into other fine arts, or home renovations or gold bullion or whatever.

Your best bet is to still pay off your mortgage, if you have one and get rid of that debt hanging over your head.
Which is a bit weird, because the cost of borrowing is so low just now, but it will rise. So don't get caught out. Has caused lot of problems for Americans in the recent past.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
18297 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2021  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
back to the Forum.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41329 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2021  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1784 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2021  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WELCOME Back!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4286 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2021  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@hokiefan_82 is right. Did your toes in first. The markets have changed a lot in 4 years.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1952 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2021  6:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add garylcsr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
prices have gone crazy.
I purchased 5 2009 London Olympic Blue Peters from the UK Mint and I think I paid about a buck a piece I looked the up yesterday and they are close to $400.00 each now.
I gave 2 away back in 2009 when I purchased them now I have 3 left and wondering if they are going to go up more or are they going to turn in like the Lincoln Dollar did.
they went from about $200.00 a coin to less then $50.00. I don't remember what I paid for them but I think it was more than $50.00.
anyway just wanted to through that out there
Pillar of the Community
United States
2567 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2021  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
New Zealand
83 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2021  03:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NZStamps to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 562Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05