Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1893 Indian Head Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 433Next Topic  
United States
33 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2021  4:01 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add shadesony to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is the last IHC I felt would grade problem free out of the 21 "uncirculated" labeled IHCs. 16 seemed to have black spots and verdigris, and wont be posted. I may at some point in the future see if I can preserve them.

Here is a 1893 Indian Head cent for your consideration. Out of the 5 IHCs posted I feel this one has the best detail, luster and in hand eye appeal. I'm thinking mid to high MS range. What are your opinions on grade/condition? Worth getting slabbed?

NY7DRgk9VCw
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15954 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2021  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-65BN

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
United States
7 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2021  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Salmotrutta to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With Respect and possibly the picture.....AU55-58. Tips of feathers on headdress and hair curls at base of neck show wear.
Edited by Salmotrutta
07/06/2021 5:13 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61493 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2021  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say MS-64BN.
United States
33 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2021  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shadesony to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Salmotrutta First off! to the CCF

Quote:
Tips of feathers on headdress and hair curls at base of neck show wear.

I believe what you're seeing is possibly strike weakness or maybe Die Deterioration. I do not believe this coin was circulated. Here's a different picture from another angle and different lighting.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3077 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2021  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS63 BN, shot at MS64 looking at it again, I'll stay at 63
Edited by Ty2020b
07/06/2021 9:36 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4917 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2021  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tough one, lower hair curl and high on cheekbone have me wondering if slightly circulated or weak strike... AU 58 or MS63BN is where I'd put it...IMO
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
United States
582 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  12:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RedRaider to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS63BN....nice look!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5639 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  12:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another nice Indian cent, could grade 63 or 64BN. Probably not worth having graded from an economic standpoint. However, I might consider sending off your best coins to ANACS under one of their submission specials. Cost per coin should be under $15 and the slabs provide protection and proof of authenticity. At a minimum that would help preserve these attractive pieces.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10665 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
your original photos are not helping as much as the vid but the vid is a little far away. I think the lighting and photo are showing the fields as flat especially the reverse which in the vid does not appear to be the case. I think its in the MS63-64BN range
Bedrock of the Community
United States
22811 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think this one is MS-64BN.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2021  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ms-64
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 433Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05