Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020 Tokyo Olympic Games $2 Coins

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 2,394Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community

Australia
921 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2021  6:24 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Available from today through Woolworths https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/1...3834847.html

Pillar of the Community
Australia
853 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2021  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I noticed that. Is Woolworths selling the sets or just the coins in change?

Pillar of the Community
Australia
1114 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2021  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
both you'll be able to find them if they aren't hoarded and also buy the set. Also already see a Non-coloured error so I reckon there will be bullseye errors out there.
Edited by ryurazu
07/13/2021 8:40 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
853 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2021  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Also already see a Non-coloured error so I reckon there will be bullseye errors out there.

Non-coloured error = the coin somehow fell into a container of acetone
Valued Member
Australia
112 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2021  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add polarboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is supposed to be a two per customer limit to the sets but we all know how that goes.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19151 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2021  11:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am a regular customer of Woolies. I will keep a lookout for them if they are handed out in change.

Thanks for the info.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1114 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2021  12:04 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's 5 per customer but do be reasonable, if you nice they might allow you more or you can just order them online at the eram shop.

@David for the coin I don't think it was an Acetone bath even tho I know that can happen and can easily be made like this ,but it's highly like that ram misink a coin as it was very new, bit too fast for them to legit have it on hand and have already remove the colour. Which leads me to believe that bullseye error will be possible as well misinked on the queens face and more collectable.

Here are some pictures in Real life seem like the folder paper is a dat better and seem more suited for kids :)

Pillar of the Community
Australia
853 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2021  02:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ryurazu - These coins have been selling on EBay for ~3 months, easily enough time for someone to purchase, remove colour and sell as "error" coin. A don't know why people pay good money for those, as at the end of the day you cannot prove either way. Why not just buy a coin at face value and strip the paint off?

I picked up 8 sets of the Tokyo Olympic coins today from 2 shops. One shop said a limit of 3, the other 5. That's enough for me. One for keeps and the others for OS trades.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3043 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2021  05:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anybody willing to help a Kiwi out please. Can pay with current Kiwi coins and 2015 Anzac 50 cent coins!!!

They look better than 2016 ones.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
853 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2021  05:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Princetane - Consider it done. Always in to help our neighbours across the water.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3270 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2021  06:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Anybody willing to help a Kiwi out please. Can pay with current Kiwi coins and 2015 Anzac 50 cent coins!!!

I have ordered one for you too, but David got in first, so happy trading. It won't go astray.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Learn More...
United States
105088 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2021  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Non-coloured error = the coin somehow fell into a container of acetone

I suppose it was/is bound to happen.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4965 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2021  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here in the US, Woolworths was a general merchandiser that went out of business several years ago. Is it the same concept still operating in Australia?

I collect Olympic coins....eBay and shipping USD $14.90 + $14.15 shipping sounds like a fair deal?
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Learn More...
United States
105088 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2021  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Woolworths Group (Australia), the largest retail company in Australia and New Zealand; named after the American F.W. Woolworth company, but unrelated"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woolw..._(Australia)
Pillar of the Community
Australia
853 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2021  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Greasy Fingers - Have sent you an e-mail. Can get you the coins cheaper than EBay.
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5286 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2021  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rec'd this info from the RAM yesterday"

Quote:
It is less than 10 days to go before we can cheer for our Aussie athletes in the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games! To celebrate the long awaited games, in partnership with Woolworths, we are very excited to announce the release of special edition Olympic and Paralympic Team coins ahead of Tokyo 2020.

Six exclusive and unique coloured $2 coins will be available to collect. Five of the coins represent the five colours of the Olympic rings, plus a green and gold $2 coin that represents the Paralympic Games. Twelve million $2 coins will be available for customers to collect via Woolworths registers from this morning.

Can't wait to find these coins?

The coins can be purchased as a complete collection in one of three unique packaging designs. Two of the designs are available from the Royal Australian Mint and the third from Woolworths. If you purchase two or more folders from the Royal Australian Mint, you will receive a selection of both designs.

If you are eager to collect the Paralympic coin, the collection folder and coin will be available to purchase on 18 August 2021, from Woolworths and the Royal Australian Mint.

life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 2,394Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05