Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Some Bank Roll Finds.

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 204 / Views: 5,340Next Topic
Page: of 14
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
652 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another fruitless evening with the rolls, the best thing I found was a 1955-D wheat in tough shape. I've been on an error roll so I'll throw up a couple bank roll variety finds. Found the first a couple of weeks ago.

2012P-1DO-003

Found this one about a month ago and tossed it after I took pics because the zinc rot was so bad. The chunky "LB" is my favorite thing about this one.

2015 1 WDDR-006

-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
United States
2548 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  7:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds! I would have just put it in acetone and then sell.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
652 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nice finds! I would have just put it in acetone and then sell.
Thanks! Hahahaha! That coin was beyond anything acetone could do for it. It was ready for the outgoing pile.
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
652 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2021  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just got home and have not even cracked a roll open yet, so I'm just going to add a couple more from the past. I will spend much of tomorrow searching so hopefully some new stuff!

Two ugly WAMs I found about a month ago, about a week apart.

I found this one about two months ago.

2015P-1DR-001

-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
United States
2548 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2021  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice! Quite thick lettering on the 15' and that 98 does not look to shabby if it is before acetone.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
652 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2021  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Very nice! Quite thick lettering on the 15' and that 98 does not look to shabby if it is before acetone.
Thank you sir! Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the shield cents but there are some nice doubled dies out there. Nope, I had not cleaned these yet but they had quite a bit of staining that did not come out.
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
United States
2548 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2021  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't like sheild cents either. I often just ignore them.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
652 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2021  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't like sheild cents either. I often just ignore them.
I can't help myself, I have to look. I did not start searching Lincolns until 2017 and shields were already a large percentage of what was in a bank roll for me, so I just got into the habit and then started finding nice doubled dies occasionally. The more you know is out there, the more you will find.
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
652 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  1:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been several days without a find but finally ran across a nice clash today. Hopefully more to come today.

1983-P clash
-makecents-
Edited by -makecents-
07/31/2021 5:37 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2548 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  5:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! Is it slightly rotated? It looks like it to me.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
652 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Nice! Is it slightly rotated? It looks like it to me.
Thanks! Hopefully, this will be the beginning of some new finds, been on a dead run lately. You are correct, it is rotated, I think more than not, they usually are. LINK http://www.maddieclashes.com/cclti-1c-1983-02/)
-makecents-
Edited by -makecents-
07/31/2021 5:46 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
652 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another slow day but did find a nice 60P in addition to the clash up top. Hopefully tomorrow will hold better finds.

-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
United States
2548 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I save the nicer ones too. And I cleaned coins I find have their own container.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
652 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I save the nicer ones too. And I cleaned coins I find have their own container.
I'm with ya!
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
652 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just found a nice trail die. Sorry for the pics, was having a tough time capturing them. LINK http://www.traildies.com/1994p-1deo_001-010/)

1994P-1DEO-001T

-makecents-
Page: of 14 Previous TopicReplies: 204 / Views: 5,340Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.37 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05