Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Do You Listen To A Specific Music Artist Or Band While Coin Searching?

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 136 / Views: 4,054Next Topic
Page: of 10
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2544 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  12:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Never heard of that one T-BOP, I'll have to give it a listen as well. Hopefully I don't get a mint culled box of nickels. Always a let down when you know all the older coins have been removed from the rolls. I can always check them for any errors but I hate fiddling with the super tight shotgun rolls.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16534 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Never heard of that one T-BOP, I'll have to give it a listen as well.

Well if your into Hendrix's you won't be struming on your guitar to Penneys From Heaven

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2544 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm into music in general, I don't really have a dislike for any genre. Only songs I don't like are ones that the music is not catchy but also the lyrics are horrible. There is times I'll hear a song and just wonder what are they even singing about. I'll let you know what I think of Penny's from heaven. I have yet to listen to Hendrix while coin searching or inspecting so we will see how that goes as well.

My personal favorite bands are redhot chilli peppers and the offspring, along with many other in the same genre. I can listen to red hot while coin hunting but the offspring I can't do it lol.

Edit:Mon second thought I cannot listen to most indian music, or yodeling music, as well as throat singing-_-
Edited by Wrekkdd
11/30/2021 3:44 pm
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3373 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  03:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was a huge fan of the Chilis in the 90s, but just feel I have outgrown them. With Hendrix, you can say I like my music like I like my coins - much older than me.

I absolutely can't stand any music made after around 1993. Modern rap, skaky pop girls, Billie Eilish, Adelady, Ryanna, Jayzie - can't stand that autotune, drum machine, producer and featuring this and that rubbish music now.

Give me the 50s to the late 80s any day! I like people who write proper songs, not streams of buzzwords and curses and most of all playing instruments like guitars not some preset synthesiser.

Mostly for coins, I like a disco or 80s synth pop background.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2544 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  08:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jimmy Hendrix brought me some luck this morning. Found my first 1970 5 cent(first 1970 I have ever found) as well as a nice 2000P 5cent(again first one ever) and a nice 5 cent USA lamination error!! And the music was enjoyable for CRH. Next up pennies from heaven.
Learn More...
United States
108551 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I absolutely can't stand any music made after around 1993.
For new music that does not suck, you should give Indie a try.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2544 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The rapper I posted early in the thread does not swear and has really deep good messages. Though most of you I imagine stay away from rap and hiphop. Got any indie suggestions?
Learn More...
United States
108551 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  10:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Though most of you I imagine stay away from rap and hiphop. Got any indie suggestions?
How about... Indie Rap... Run The Jewels. Four albums deep.

However, their lyrics are replete with "colourful metaphors," as Spock would say.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2544 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Jbuck, I'll add that to the list after Penny's from heaven. I have not dabbled much in indie music, let alone indie rap.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5450 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess I'll 'chime' in here. My favorite band/group is Pink Floyd (I own every album they recorded (yes on vinyl) also like to listen to Def Leopard, Deep Purple and others of similar genre. But when cleaning house, or working on tedious projects, I tend to listen to Mozart Bach and Beethoven.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2544 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll have to add some pink Floyd to my list:) if anyone has some specific songs to expand the genres please let me know! Could be country, or disco, rap/hiphop, I had a few foreign song suggestions they were fun listens even though I don't understand what they are singing about lol.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5450 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Listen to Echoes from pink Floyd, it's on the Meddle album and takes up the entire side 'B' 25+ minutes long. Lynyrd Skynyrd song 'was I right or wrong'
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2544 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll have to listen to that one while I have a good size hoard to got through. I kind of want to get a record player as they have such a unique sound. I think many records sound better then the songs on the radio or online.
Learn More...
United States
108551 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2021  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I kind of want to get a record player as they have such a unique sound.
I have two turntables... and a microphone.

Beck references aside, I have a Sanyo I got in high school and a Kenwood I got after university. I acquired a much older "classic" RCA at one point, but my mother has that one now.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5450 Posts
Page: of 10 Previous TopicReplies: 136 / Views: 4,054Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: