Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Insulin Commemorative Set

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 1,021Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Canada
220 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2021  9:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just wanted to show off the new set from the mint. Planned on cutting it up now I seem not so sure.

There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
322 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2021  10:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing, it's an interesting set and I'm going to order one myself. I don't normally collect items like this unless they have some personal relevance, and this one does...
Edited by hokiefan_82
07/19/2021 10:48 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
862 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2021  11:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Right behind both of you, I ordered on the weekend and definitely have my scissors waiting!

Umm.......... .
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4233 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  07:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What does the blue spiral thing represent? I have this coin but not the brochure and I cannot figure out what the connection with insulin is.
Valued Member
Canada
220 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  08:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Umm.......... .

I know Loonie!! I may still cut it up but I think I'm going to wait and see if the original polar bear toonie gets released or not like in the 2017 set. If not I'll have to cut it out for the album.

Quote:
What does the blue spiral thing represent?

I was told that its Insulin in its monomeric form.
There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Valued Member
United States
164 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  08:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went with the enrollment for the three commemorative coin sets.
Valued Member
Canada
220 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  08:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

What's that?!
Learn More...
United States
103793 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice set!

Quote:
Planned on cutting it up now I seem not so sure.
Might need to get another one then.
Valued Member
Canada
220 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  10:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Jbuck! That's true I could get another but I figure if they are all headed for circulation I will eventually find them all anyhow.
Learn More...
United States
103793 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
...but I figure if they are all headed for circulation I will eventually find them all anyhow.
If that be the case, then leave the set intact and collect another from circulation.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Germany
673 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Quote:

What's that?!

I am not quite sure. Perhaps, a special set for the Insulin Toonie, a soecial set for the Klondike Gold Rush Loonie and, thirdly, a special set for the three 10c circulation commemoratives featuring the 100th anniversary of the ship Bluenose?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
502 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Quote:

What's that?!

RCM is issuing 3 "Keepsake Card" and "Special Wrap roll" sets this year...
1) 100 year Insulin Commemorative (Now)
2) 125th Anniversary of Klondike gold rush (August)
3) 100th Anniversary of the Bluenose (October)
Valued Member
Canada
220 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  2:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome, good to know! Do you know if the Klondike gold rush and the bluenose commemoratives will be released in circulation also?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Germany
673 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  01:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add redlock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Do you know if the Klondike gold rush and the bluenose commemoratives will be released in circulation also?

According to government announcements they are circulation commemoratives. So, yes, they should be found in circulation...eventually.
Valued Member
Canada
220 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  07:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks redlock!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
647 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2021  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any update on when the bluenose commemorative circulation coins will be released?
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 1,021Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05