Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1944 M 20 Centavos Any Value?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 195Next Topic  

United States
19 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  03:02 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Joshua_Schell to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was wondering if there is any values in these in this condition?
i have 8 of these (3) 1944, (2) 1953, 1955, 1964, and 1965

Bedrock of the Community
United States
40065 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  04:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check eBay sold values. Are they not silver?, if so they have melt value at the least.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  04:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joshua_Schell to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yeah I think about $5 in silver
Valued Member
Russian Federation
330 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  04:59 am  Show Profile   Check Slerk's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Slerk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mexico 20 centavos, 1943-1955 This type of coin was minted from bronze. They don't cost anything(maximum$1)
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40065 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  07:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pic looks silver but listed as bronze. Maybe your white balance is out of adjustment https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces3933.html
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
United States
22428 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Low grade copper piece, found in dealer junk boxes at around 25-50 cents.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
2791 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They may be common, but don't call them junk. These are pretty interesting coins and it's that elitist (It must be gold or silver or its junk) attitude that scares new collectors off. This is NOT the place to be bougie.

The bulk of my collection is world circulation pieces like Mexican 20 Centavos which were minted from 1943 to 1972 (The Reverse changed a couple of times slightly).

Yes its a common coin worth around 50 cents, but it is VF and most of these 1940s and 1950s ones are VG or worse, so its a decent piece.

And those asking if its silver, Numista is your friend.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
22428 Posts
 Posted 07/28/2021  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They may be common, but don't call them junk.

I didn't say the coin is junk. Low value coins that are not worth the time to package and price for resale by dealers are tossed into a box or tub. They refer to it as their "junk box" and price all coins the same, giving a discount (usually) on the more you buy.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 195Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05