Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2001 P Canadian Dime Minor Broadstruck, Within Limits?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 405Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1256 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  3:57 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I think this would be within limits but not sure the limits on these errors. This is the first one iv seen with the naked eye, though iv seen much better ones online

Valued Member
Canada
220 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks quite offset to me. I believe it will demand a premium.
There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1256 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If so it will be the first coin to go into my error collection. Let's see if some others chime in on it. I have not even been looking for this kinda error but since I didn't need to zoom in to see it, it caught my eye pretty quickly.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4817 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The more off centered the strike is more valuable the error, because normally the higher the denomination there is less coins struck so a loonie off centered worth much more than a penny
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1256 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll start looking for big off centers I don't usually look through loonies and toonies(also I have never understood the term toonie) loonie is because of the loon lol but there isn't a loon on the toonie, but I guess of they went with the animal it would be called a beary lol. I have a 50$ coin with an owl do I call it a pentacontagoneloony lol. Sorry got off topic.

So would you say this holds a small premium? It's in decent shape idk what I'd grade it,I can post clearer pics later. So mayb worth like 1$ or 2$?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4817 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Best guess, combo of two loonies
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1256 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Idk lol it's like calling a dime a tickle lol. So anyone think this coins worth saving? I have been reading up on broadstrike coins, apparently pretty sought after but I only read one article and it was specific to American coins. This coin tho doesn't seem like it's bigger then a normal dime. Mayb a tiny bit but hard to tell.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3842 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They called it a toonie because I think the real winner of the naming contest was "twoonie", as in 2 loonies but they didn't want to use it. What's the weight and diameter of the 10 cents?.
Valued Member
Canada
100 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fefimo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Being new to this coin thing I keep everything that I find interesting that won't put me in the poorhouse. Especially if it's still spendable currency that I can use if I should ever need to do so.
Learn More...
Canada
9846 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is there reeding on the edge? If so, it is a slightly misaligned reverse die.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1256 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@SPP-Ottawa, ya the edge is reeded like a normal dime. So this is a misaligned reverse die? I'll have to look that up now:p
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1256 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@SPP-Ottawa, I agree only one side of the coin looked broadstruck, so is this not worth keeping then? I'll have to look up this error more :p
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1256 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So I did some mkre research, so this if just outside mint stands mayb 1-5$ but since no missing features not a good error coin, but still the best error coin iv posted:p or I guess considering minor die chips and die polish that aren't errors really, this is my first true error coin:p
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 405Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05