Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

HI I'm New Here My Names Jay I Have Some Questions About Error Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 292Next Topic  

United States
0 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  10:09 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jaywork to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So I have some coins that I believe are DDO and I'málooking for the right place to post some picture to see what someone with a bit more experience thinks It doesn't look like Machine Doubling to me but a second opinion would help thank you
Pillar of the Community
Canada
550 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2021  11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't found any myself but I know what they look like with a good picture. You will Deen to post a pic of both sides of the coin and a really good shot if the area you see doubling, alit if experts on here will let you know.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40065 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  04:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. You will need to post good photos. One full coin photo of the front and one of the back as well as one or two close ups where and when needed.There are many types of doublings we need to learn,here is a very good link:https://koinpro.tripod.com/Articles...Doubling.htm
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
20046 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  06:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jay, first welcome to CCF. Second, with regard to your question about where exactly to be posting images of coins that might have minting errors, here is a link to the correct subforum for US modern coins: http://goccf.com/f/5
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Learn More...
United States
102028 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.

Uploading Photos

Free Image Optimizer
Pillar of the Community
United States
1777 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
6464 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
so we can help you.

to the CCF!
ša va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52354 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it is on the outside edges of the devices on one side, it is probably Machine Doubling.

If the devices are reduced, it is Machine Doubling. The strike happened and the machine damaged the devices.

It if a a doubled die, there should be a wider area seen on the center devices:

Note the normal image on top. Note how much wider the devices are on the lower image. That is called spread. The devices are wider than normal.

So if the outside edges of devices are affected, it is likely MD.

Note on the image, the area is is flattened, removing the contour of the device. On the right you see the contour present and this is called hub doubling on the die. Thus the term doubled die die.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
1377 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2275 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  9:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jay!

Coop! that last image is by far the best representative of the difference between MD and DD... Thanks..
Collecting since 1972. Learning from then on
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
My Dansco 7070 type set coin count: 31/76
My Dansco 8176 Eisenhower dollar Album coin count: 36/36, My Dansco 8166,8167 Kennedy half dollar Album coin count: 198/198
My Dansco 8140,8143-8147 Washington quarter Albums coin count: 423/423
My Dansco 8113,8114 Jefferson nickel Albums coin count: not sure yet
Pillar of the Community
United States
6464 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So Jay, any photos to show us yet?
ša va bien aller

Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 292Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05