Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1954 D 1c Partial Dropped Filling?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 329Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
908 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  11:52 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CoinHI to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Listed as a struck through I thought it had the looks of a partial dropped four filling. What do you think?

Best Find - 1976 D WQ DDO-001 http://goccf.com/t/382777
Interesting find - 1947 S over inverted S http://goccf.com/t/368005
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
301 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  11:54 am  Show Profile   Check VestigeWolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add VestigeWolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps, struck through debris or retained? Still learning here but that is what I think.
Discovering the truth does not have all the answers.
Edited by VestigeWolf
07/21/2021 11:57 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60623 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A strike-through makes sense to me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5283 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a thumb and forefinger holding a tiny Lincoln cent.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6795 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  1:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If not a strike through, perhaps a couple die chips? Who knows.
ša va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53321 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a lamination issue off the bottom base of the '4' that is still attached. When you look at that area, it looks like it went in two different directions.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
211 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parnelli917 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
586 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Looks like a lamination issue off the bottom base of the '4' that is still attached. When you look at that area, it looks like it went in two different directions.
Good call. You can see the fold over, at about 45 degrees, southwest, perfectly.
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
United States
3045 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
908 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  11:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great replies, thanks!

Seller said it was odd in that it appeared to be both incuse and raised? They felt it was most representative of a struck through and so listed it as such.

I do agree the 4 looks peeled on the bottom stem but not sure how that small area would create that larger impact zone.

I hadn't considered a small hand holding a very small coin :) but it sort of confirms my hunch that it is a shape of something familiar.

I'll update when I get it "in hand".
Best Find - 1976 D WQ DDO-001 http://goccf.com/t/382777
Interesting find - 1947 S over inverted S http://goccf.com/t/368005
Valued Member
United States
143 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  12:02 am  Show Profile   Check Akkdayam's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Akkdayam to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It does! LOL.
Hello I am not great at coin collecting so what I said above Is probably wrong

Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 329Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05