Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Commems Collection Medals: 2000 White House Medal - Historical Association

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 279Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6358 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  2:46 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
In 2000, the White House (WH) marked the 200th anniversary of the first time a US President lived in the WH. John Adams was the first; his wife Abigail joined him. The site for the WH was selected in 1791, its cornerstone was laid in 1792 and it was completed (well enough) to have Adams take up residence in 1800.

To help mark the WH bicentennial, the White House Historical Association sponsored a custom commemorative bronze medal. On its obverse, the medal features a circa-2000 view of the WH's South Face with its semi-circular portico (added ~1830). The medal's reverse turns back the clock to 1877 and offers a view of the North Face and its portico (added ~1929).

The medal was sold in a small folder/portfolio that secured the medal and provided brief information about the White House and its history.

2000 White 200th Anniversary Medal - White House Historical Association

2000 White 200th Anniversary Medal - Medal Folder - Front Cover

2000 White 200th Anniversary Medal - Medal Folder - Inside Front Cover

2000 White 200th Anniversary Medal - Medal Folder - Inside Back Cover

2000 White 200th Anniversary Medal - Medal Folder - Back Cover

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
07/21/2021 2:49 pm
Learn More...
United States
103571 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a beautiful medal! Thank you for sharing it and the associated information.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60597 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2021  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info as always!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1925 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
About 10 years ago, I moved out of my home and wasn't able to retrieve everything right away. When I went back to get another load, some of the items had "disappeared..." One item was a White House 200th anniversary medal from the Historical Association. I can't recall for sure, but I think it had an oblique angle view of the WH. That medal was in a coin capsule and inside a clam shell case.

I really like the antiqued look of this example. Very nice.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 279Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05