Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hello New Moneymember

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 530Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  1:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Xercese to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I would like to understand thecoinworld or silver world I pretty much know-how jewelry works
but I was wondering about this piece what makes its value so much more than it's silver value?

Is there anything I'm missing want to collect it.
Edited by Xercese
07/23/2021 04:54 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41208 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  2:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
2366 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Which item are you asking about? Your link displays a page full of things.
Learn More...
United States
104701 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2625 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parklane64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just winging it here, but the gullibility of the buyers.

and
Pillar of the Community
United States
1410 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  8:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
APMEX's site wasn't responding when I tried clicking on the link, but I think that's probably a Canadian piece and the Royal Canadian Mint charges an arm and a couple legs over the spot value. APMEX is just making sure they don't lose their limbs when retailing the product.
Pillar of the Community
United States
593 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  9:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jskirwin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To your original question, the precious metals are in a bit of tizzy right now. A lot of people buy silver and gold as an inflation hedge or to prep for a SHTF scenario. Then Covid and social unrest hit last year, and you had even more people buying it. These events boosted demand for physical silver while supply has been running short, so the premiums you see are due to demand and limited supply.

A broader question is: why hasn't this demand been reflected in the spot price of silver? Silver and gold crashed at the same time the markets did last year, then rebounded just like markets. But the markets have continued moving from one high to the next, while gold/silver have been steady.

I believe the reason is that the spot price is based on paper silver, which is independent of the price of physical silver. ETFs like SLV are supposed to be tied to physical holdings of silver, but I've never seen an accounting done to assure a paper silver holder that their ETF share sits in a vault somewhere. Many, like me, suspect the paper is inflated and manipulated more easily than the physical market.

At least since the Hunt Bros episode.
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2021  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Xercese to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin is litsed as a 10.00 piece is there any significance to the price of silver ingeneAl?
What do you think about coin?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  10:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 530Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05