Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1942 Lwe. Suspecting An Unattributed DDO.v

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 794Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
179 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So, am I to assume that my inquiries will not be considered in an objective manner unless I use the correct terminology of the "we"?
Valued Member
United States
179 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are there any educated opinions about my question or only ridicule,?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2502 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Tanman mentioned what I'm seeing.

Some staining and I'm not seeing a raised area SE of the primary eyelid. The shape seems to stay the same size/shape no matter what direction the light is coming from.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Edited by Petespockets55
07/22/2021 8:24 pm
Valued Member
United States
179 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pete's, Tanman, thanks for straight up objective opinion. I may pursue do Dr Dr full Dr why see some other info else where. I would just like to know instead of being made fun of.
Learn More...
United States
20869 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  8:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Are there any educated opinions about my question or only ridicule?

@dow, maybe stop for a minute and take a deep breath--I'm not seeing much for ridicule in the replies that you have so far. We take great pains to be friendly here in this corner of the interwebs.

You have multiple folks offering opinions, not only about the coin, but how to take better photos of your coins. In the end, the consensus might be that you have a normal '42 cent here.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
United States
179 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even with the poor new images. What is this? What is the best grade that you might guess based on these images.
Images to unclear to say right?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2152 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 11997755 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure who all said it looks like a stain but I'm going to agree with them.
Valued Member
United States
179 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some one was always the first one to find something. But there is no way it could be you or I.
Pillar of the Community
United States
809 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  05:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will agree with your grade of MS-63RD...maybe even 64
As far as DDO eyelid...of course that stain is in the most unperfect place to really get an idea. I am the worst at posting pics on here...but I've seen others that know how to insert an arrow poining out the area in question...if you know how...give that a try?
I've looked at VV's site for 42 DDO's and I think the closest I can come up with is 009 maybe LDS I just couldn't see from your pics if you have the marker in the 9 ?
Beautiful LWC you have there...I mean Lwe ; )~
smat
Pillar of the Community
United States
2502 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  06:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please remember that some times in the "rush" to help as many people as possible in whatever time we are on the forum we give quick, concise answers. Try not to get frustrated and lash out. The answers may not seem important to an OP's question or picky and not to the point.

Clear images with arrows can help, as well as using the preview feature to see your images that we will rely on.

Online replies can be taken out of context or small subtle words left out that can change how a message is percieved. Take a breath (or two) before replying. I have had replies taken the wrong way and not realized it could be anything other than what I intended.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Valued Member
United States
179 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Apologies to all respondents are in order. It just gets frustrating sometimes when you feel like you are in front of a jury when the expression "we" is used. Even though I have never been before a jury.
Thanks to those of you that led me in the right direction. Upon further observation based on your opinions, I was able to determine the anomaly was the same as the one in the field to the east. Spots that negate a possible higher grade.
My frustrations was a result of the deviation from the main topic of discussion to a debate of accepted terminology and abbreviations. Cent vs penny, LMC vs LWE.
These distinctions seem trivial to me especially when most people know what you are attempting to convey. To me it is akin to trying to change someone's dialect or slang. Your way and my way of saying the same thing may be different. That does not mean you or I are wrong.
Again, my apologies to any and all offended.
On to the next LMC/LWE.

Valued Member
United States
179 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2021  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Again , my apologies. I took those deep breaths as suggested.
Thanks for the opinions and sound advice
Pillar of the Community
United States
2502 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2021  11:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We've all been there.
Hope you find some good ones.
Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  02:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobertRansom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We refers to most coin enthusiasts.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 794Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05