Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Do You See What I See? 1983 - Reverse

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 442Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
558 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  10:16 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add LincolnCentMeHere to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

This is a 1983. On the reverse it looks like there are two Lincoln's side-by-side in the memorial. Do you see what I see?
Valued Member
United States
77 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see 2 don't know why but I see it .
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jbdcboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I want to know who stole the E?
And I do see something on Lincoln's lap. But don't tell Mrs Lincoln, she's got enough to worry about!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4867 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  05:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
2438 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  06:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any number of things. But without a clear closeup it will only be guesses.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3133 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60887 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see grease effects, that's about it.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9958 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good enough picture for me to clearly see both Lincoln figures AND the weak lettering.
Pillar of the Community
United States
558 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LincolnCentMeHere to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would a Greaser cause there to be two Lincoln's?
Valued Member
United States
389 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  11:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fplagge to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do see the "2nd Lincoln" but I believe it is just a "cloud" type image. We see what we want to see.

The "grease-filled die" is an entirely separate issue.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9958 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's what I could produce from your picture.
Looks like a ventriloquist act.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
2977 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's quite unusual. I would like to see more clear photos of this "duplicate Lincoln."
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump
Progress can only be achieved through trial and error. Failure is the greatest teacher.
Pillar of the Community
United States
558 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LincolnCentMeHere to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will try to post a pic or two later this evening after my date. If not, hopefully by tomorrow.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53553 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  3:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
we've seen something like this before:

It was on a 2006 cent. Not sure it if was listed or not?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 442Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05