Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2000 Lincoln Memorial WAM

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 426Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
711 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  12:55 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Minnimarine to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Finally! Was starting to think they did not exist. Pulled from a penny roll, and immediately knew what it was when I turned it over to the reverse. This is so neat. Definitely a eye catcher.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
11969 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  01:13 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice! Looks to be in great shape, too.
In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
586 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  07:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great find and very nice example, congrats!
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
United States
3045 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
711 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Minnimarine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Saw the space between the A and M and looked straight at the FG snugged up next to the memorial. Exactly as the pictures show. I have a few I need to graded. I'm might send this one in with it. I would like to have this one in a slab.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2225 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  11:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The cost of grading will be much higher than the value of the coin, but if you just want it graded for sentimental reasons as your first WAM, certainly worth doing.
My best finds:
1996 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/372066
1995 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/376071#3225244
1972-P DDO-008/FS-108: http://goccf.com/t/405558
2000-D Maryland Quarter Rotated Die http://goccf.com/t/394553
1988-P "Reverse of '89": http://goccf.com/t/399390
Massive strike through error on 1957-P Jefferson nickel http://goccf.com/t/402781
Pillar of the Community
United States
1544 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Realistically speaking if it grades Red/Brown, it would need MS65 or better to be worth $20 or better slabbed. Needing MS67 or higher for it to be profitable and it's a well known easily identifiable variety, it doesn't really take a slabbing for it to sell to anyone wanting one and knows what they are looking for. Something like that would sell around $12 or so on ebay ungraded I'd think.

You can do what you want with your money of course, just putting it out there if you were doing it for resale later on it wouldn't be worth the cost of grading. if doing it for your own collection to keep, I'd say go for it just don't expect to get a big return on it down the road, it will probably be a loss after grading fees and shipping.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6795 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  12:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, final value would be less than the cost of grading fees. I wouldn't do it, unless there is a sentimental reason to do so.
ça va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
711 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  1:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Minnimarine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got a large amount of coins I will be sending in. I would like to have it in a slab for my collection and in the future for my grandkids. For me I think it would look nice in a slab. The coin is a lot more shiny then in the picture.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1544 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that would look nice in a slab also, and it's well above the average find I've seen for a while really as far as condition goes.

Something to think about.
As far as I know all of the grading companies will reverse holder if you ask them to do it in your submission, which I think in this case would look nice on display vs. Lincoln being forward as most of them are slabbed, I just about never see them slabbed reverse to the front, I don't think most folks think about requesting it when they submit.

I'm sure they would put the reverse forward and orientated correctly if you wanted it slabbed that way instead of going in Lincoln forward and having to flip and rotate on the back side back to view the variety, it would be right there oriented correctly under the attribution to view it.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11969 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that's a good idea.
In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Pillar of the Community
United States
711 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Minnimarine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@BigKingdom That would be perfect. Thank you for mentioning that. I actually wrote that down as a reminder to have that and 83 DDR reversed. Most I send in are not so much for the value, but for the future value for my grandkids, and to have coin in a slab for label and grade. Just like the 1960 D/D RPM001 I want graded and labeled. They just look better lot me.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
222 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  10:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cons to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice example :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2385 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
82 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LeatherHawk to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome find!!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
711 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2021  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Minnimarine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all!
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 426Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05