Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Weird 2019 No Irb 5 Cent Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 457Next Topic  

Australia
27 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  02:46 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add crab eater to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
G'day all,
is anyone else finding these coins with missing IRB initials under the bust ? The whole coin unusual compared to the normal one.
First photo is of 3 weird coins at the top and the standard one at the bottom .

A closer pic of the normal coin

And one of the missing IRB coins

The whole background seems blurred and bubbly, and it is not PMD.
Valued Member
Australia
384 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  06:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echidna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Need better pics.
A man who tells lies merely hides the truth. But a man who tells half-lies has forgotten where he put it.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
11603 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  06:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
By increasing the size, you can see the faint outline of the initials.
Possibly a partial Grease Filled Die,
Australia
27 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  06:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crab eater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I reckon my Oppo phone takes good photos, will try to enlarge it for ya?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1829 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2021  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably over-used dies - I've seen a few like where the surface has a slightly rough look to it.
Australia
27 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2021  06:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crab eater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Two different coins with closer views.

Am I the only one finding these coins when noodling ?

You may be on the money Mr T with your thoughts, are they worth holding on to?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1829 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen a few and I think there has been some discussion on Facebook - I'm not into error coins myself but it it costs (almost) nothing to hang onto a couple.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2423 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a Greaser.
Valued Member
Australia
102 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  10:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add polarboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You sir have good eyes
Australia
27 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2021  05:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crab eater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My eyes are shot, using an LED 10times magnifier lamp and wearing my glasses.
The only way to noodle coins , thanks to my father for the present.
Started with a loupe but it was very slow and caused a ring effect on my glasses.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3375 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2021  08:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gxseries to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes this is actually somewhat common. You can see it's not just the IRB that is filled but as well as the overall text. It looks like the entire text and the year is somewhat raised in the middle.
My partial coin collection http://www.omnicoin.com/collection/gxseries

My numismatics articles and collection: http://www.gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm Regularly updated at least once a month.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1094 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2021  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
warped die (at least that how it was explained to me), not grease filled, seem to happen mainly on the 2019 5c.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 457Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05