Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Do You Grade A Bill?

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 692Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1175 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  1:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anything worth more then face would be a keeper for me, even if there is a small or no market atm or in the future, I'm collecting and learning. Bills are new to me, so it's a good piece for me anyways. Most people see a coin or bill with no or barely any premium(but no market) I see a collectable, for now anyways lol.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1175 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2021  2:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is this a Thiessen-Crow or bouey? It's looks like both signature's
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
11587 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2021  4:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Is this a Thiessen-Crow or bouey? It's looks like both signature's

That is the Crow-Bouey signature
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1175 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2021  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, the other one is rarer right? Also thanks:)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1397 Posts
 Posted 07/27/2021  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Ok, the other one is rarer right? Also thanks:)

"rarer" is probably a bit too liberal when describing the AUG-AUN prefixes. [On "planet eBay" you may see them called rare but there many sellers call everything rare]. It would be safer to claim that these prefixes are a bit "tougher" than regular 10M runs and that's why a slight premium seen on AUG to AUN with the Crow-Bouey signature combo.

The true rarer prefixes are Thiessen-Crow AUG, AUH & AUJ & these can sell for thousands.

Thiessen-Crow with AUK, AUL-AUN are just tough like their Crow-Bouey "cousins." Many collectors have seen consecutive UNC runs of these prefixes so enthusiasm for these have waned over the past 10 years.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 692Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05