Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Looking For Info On Old Coin Wrapper.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 298Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
141 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  3:43 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I aquired this half roll of LWC's It is hand marked 1944 and looks to be about that old. It yeilded 21 1944's, 2 1941's, and 2 1942's.
All are AU-MS. I have just started going through them. Starting with the 2 41's got a DDO-026. A couple have already been posted on the grading and variety forums.
Not being proficient at grading, I will trickle them to the appropriate forum for opinions.
That is what brings me here. Is this wrapper look time appropriate for these LWC's? What is up with a half roll? Being in my mid 60's, I have never seen one.
Hopefully someone can elaborate.
Thanks.
Pillar of the Community
United States
537 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interestingly, I think I can help. This to me indeed looks like a period (of the 40's era roll), considering all the coins were pre 1945 and the roll itself definitely looks that old. Finding that 41 ddo-026 must have been nice .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60623 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lack of a zip code puts it back over 50 years.
Valued Member
United States
141 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  5:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got alot of MS's as well according to the grades suggested so far. It looks like that is about the top grade as I posted one of the best first.
Half rolls were commen then?
Valued Member
United States
141 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It makes sense because 25 cents then could get you 10 bucks now. Half a roll went a long way then.
Valued Member
United States
141 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Skipped the 43's though. Makes you wonder someone's mind set long afo . At least for me
Valued Member
United States
141 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A miniature collection of before and after 43?
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 298Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05