Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anybody Order The 2021 Proof Silver Eagles?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 424Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
5612 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  4:30 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I got an email from a dealer, asking that I place an order with the Mint for the 2021 proof silver eagles when they went on sale. The dealer wants to stock up and offers reimbursement plus some kind of gift if you send your eagles to them.

I don't think I'll take the offer, but I did go online and ordered three coins which was the order limit. Maybe they will go up in value and I'll sell two of them. Of course, I won't count my coins until they actually arrive.

Anybody else place an order? What are your thoughts on price appreciation for these coins?
Valued Member
United States
144 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I ordered just one for myself from the mint. Got confirmation email but it hasn't been shipped yet. I feel lucky to got one. I got one 2021 proof type 1 also from the mint. Type 2 are selling on ebay for around $125+ in original mint box. IMO they will definately sell higher than mint cost at least for a while. Demand is high for them. I don't plan on selling mine.
Edited by livingwater
07/25/2021 8:47 pm
Valued Member
United States
179 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HappyHippo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are part of the enrollment system, which I think the mint should do for all offerings. They can have a lottery to see which enrollment gets fulfilled. Anyway, the mint says it was shipped. I just ordered one.
Edited by HappyHippo
07/25/2021 8:46 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2423 Posts
 Posted 07/25/2021  8:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am waiting until the price of silver goes down after this covid crap. I know some believe it will go up still but my opinion is that people ran to metals in the time of an uncertain economy and will sell the silver after the trust in the stock market is regained.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1083 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
stock indices are near all time highs
Pillar of the Community
United States
5612 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  10:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Received my coins promptly; no complaints about the Mint on this transaction! Coins look great and I have spares in case I decide to sell. I'll post pictures if I can get some good shots. I always have trouble getting nice photos of modern cameo proofs....
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 424Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05