Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Age Gold Proof Type II Releases Tomorrow At Noon

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 57 / Views: 2,039Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
United States
3045 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  10:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I got an email yesterday that my 4-coin gold AGE's are being sent out - Got my tracking number already
Edited by Dearborn
08/01/2021 10:53 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2385 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  10:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finally they do something fast. Can't wait to see them in the New Acquisition thread!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8806 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  11:05 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine hasn't even been shipped yet, oh well.
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/236574/
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Pillar of the Community
United States
705 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2021  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RPT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mine says backorder so not sure how long that will be.
Pillar of the Community
United States
705 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  08:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RPT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Mint shipped my 4 coin set first class. Not Priority, no signature confirmation, and no insurance.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3045 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a funny feeling that the Mint is packaging these Gold (and very expensive) coins in that stupid cheap black plastic holder and box, just like they did for the Type 2 ASE. So! Since I managed to buy this 4-coin set, I got on eBay and bought the type 1 4-coin Gold red velvet holder that the Mint used earlier this year to put my type 2 golds into. (I'll keep the original box (protected) for possible future use, if it is ever needed for validation or re-sell later on.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4861 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK, I guess I didn't realize how luck I was to pick up one of these 1-oz coins. To be honest, I never even looked at the mintage limit before now, and just assumed there were going to be plenty. But when I checked right now, I saw this:

Quote:
Mintage Limit: 15,875
Product Limit: 5,625
Household Order Limit: None

I thought the price was rather steep, to be honest, but I just really wanted one for my collection. Now that I know how few were minted, however, I'm feeling a bit better.

And in other news, I just got an email saying my order has shipped, so hopefully I'll have it in hand within a few days.

My Coin & Currency Collection
(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Valued Member
United States
143 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add livingwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Only wanted to spend money for $5 proof Type 2 version. It came today. I took pics. I don't think the Mint provides proof pics, just UNC. It is the cheaper cardboard box but I am happy with the coin and prompt shipping.

Edited by livingwater
08/03/2021 5:34 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3045 Posts
Learn More...
United States
103630 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Only wanted to spend money for $5 proof Type 2 version. It came today. I took pics. I
Outstanding!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4861 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2021  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, my one ounce proof American Gold Eagle just arrived in the mail, and for some strange reason it looks very similar to the pictures that livingwater posted...

I have to say that, while this is not my favorite eagle design (I'm partial to the heraldic eagle found on coins such as the Kennedy half dollar), it's a marked improvement over the eagle that was on the AGEs previously.

(Dansco 7070 and 8100 albums, Proof Type Set, U.S. Currency Type Set & Foreign Bullion Collection)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3045 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4861 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2021  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Very nice coin, but why does it look silver in your images?

Does it? It looks gold on my monitor. Maybe it's just the lighting and the fact that it's a proof coin.

Learn More...
United States
103630 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2021  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice!

Looks more gold than silver on my screen, but less gold than the previous one which I would say is due to lighting differences.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4861 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2021  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Check barryg's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add barryg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, I was careful to use a white LED light instead of a yellow incandescent bulb.

Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 57 / Views: 2,039Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05