Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Check Out The D. 1984 D

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 278Next Topic  

United States
15 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  5:02 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Easter23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm sorry to keep driving you all crazy but I'm still very amateur at being able to tell diff in post mint damage, die and and strike errors, all that. I'm good with knowing what all the language is, I am horrible with the double die, they all look like that to me & #129315;. I've been trying to get organized separating coins and I need to just get rid of the ones that are normal/face value. It's knowing exactly what I'm looking at, and I may be wrong about this one, but the mint mark-D doesn't look normal to me. Ok all you coin experts tell me about it because I need help. And thanks in advance. I need a few of you all here beside me to help me go thru all these coins. &

Learn More...
United States
20592 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No need for a poll on this thread @east, so I've removed that. This looks like a plating blister to me.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
599 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm with Spence, just a plating blister caused by zinc rot.
-makecents-
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Easter23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't mean to do the poll; I don't know why but I have a hard time replying to people too. Zinc rot? Haha! I've not heard that one, but thank you, good to know. So a blister is nothing? And what's the big deal with a filled D? I know people get super excited to think they something because I do, but I know better now, I just ask you all, #129315;#129315; and I really am sorry in advance again. What do I hit to reply to each person individually, I mean to that specific person and specific post? I don't see a reply button anywhere. This is why I don't do well with coins, I'll blame it on my ADD.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60747 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Plating bubble.

to the CCF!
Edited by Coinfrog
07/29/2021 6:14 pm
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  6:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Easter23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're right! I googled it and they're mostly worthless or add no value. It also said new collectors get them confused with other errors and defects. And the zinc rot thing was in there! Corrosion and all that as well. Thanks guys! I've got the red and blue book, just getting a moment to check them out. Thanks again!
Valued Member
United States
240 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, looks like a plating issue.

In the future, if you want to know what is damage, mint error, etc., just study the mint process to see how errors can be made. You can also learn the different classes of doubled dies. Knowledge is power!
Pillar of the Community
United States
6844 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  7:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Zinc rot blister that will only get worse and eat the entire coin. Spend it while you can.
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
2433 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin will be candy wrapper in not time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3082 Posts
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 07/29/2021  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Easter23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hahaha the zinc rot thing is cracking me up. Zinc rot blister sounds like something disgusting on someone's foot, too funny. I watched a "for kids" minting process a couple times but not on the errors. Trust me I'm trying, I may just take longer to learn, I get them all confused, they look alike to me. I just wanna find one thing, even if it's only worth like an extra few cents! lol and yes knowledge is power. My neck hurts from looking hahah, but I will keep trying. Thanks for being non-arrogant and not belittling me! I promise I'm not dumb, I'm trying to grasp this.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 278Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05