Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 Crossing Delaware 3 In One

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 347Next Topic  

United States
26 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2021  10:02 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CaptJeffWorthFL to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I picked up 10 rolls of quarters and noticed one had a different printing on it. The wrap was similar to the Loomis white and orange paper, but it had a PA address on it. I did not realize it until after I opened it that it was all 2021 Washington Crossing the Delaware. There were some others I need to look at once I get my new USB microscope. One of the coins had what someone here on another post was PMD. It may very well be PMD but I will post if it not. Trust me, I am not that lucky to find a new error. But 3 of these in 1 was a cool find.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
956 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2021  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see some differences. a close look will can confirm. I talk about the conjunction of the arm and body.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3041 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2021  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I'm a bit confused here. Are you trying to show us that you found 3 CTD quarters with the same error (or PMD). Or are you simply showing off these fine 3 coin finds in a coin roll?

If the latter, they are nice looking coins and not readily found in bulk yet. (from what I heat, that is). If the former, please help me to see any anomaly that you are seeing.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2371 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see anything odd.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53321 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  1:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sometimes it takes having the area showing close the devices side by side to see the differences.:

Just the area your seeing different? Then we can compare it to see what is different. It could be Machine Doubling, die wear, die damage, die cracks/chips/breaks. Just so many things it could be, from the three coins in the same image is not a help for us.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
26 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  2:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CaptJeffWorthFL to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There were 3 with this on the hat.
Valued Member
United States
376 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a die chip. Very common. No added value.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3041 Posts
United States
26 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CaptJeffWorthFL to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sold all 3 for 60.00 to a collector. So I guess they do have a value to some people.
United States
26 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CaptJeffWorthFL to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also finally got a new microscope. Found this on one of the CTD Quarters.

Die Chips and weird errors have a value to some people. Found another cool one today in some pennies.
Valued Member
United States
376 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  12:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say it wasn't a collector that knew allot. You can fool some of the people some of the time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2410 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  08:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I want to thank the OP for coming back with images of the area in question. Many times the OP has questions but provides nothing but silence when we ask for follow-up images.

As far as selling them. Congratulations on finding a willing buyer for all three. New to collecting or not, they saw them, liked them, saw value, and bought them. Clad doesn't interest me (unless I find it, something like a die anomaly or doubled die). I suspect a lot of us are like that in our own collections. We zero in on some aspect that we find interesting, whatever the reason may be.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
United States
26 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CaptJeffWorthFL to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
He wanted them because they came in an NF String roll and their condition. I did get another NF roll and found 1 more with a missing tip of hat and one with the E at the end of Delaware partially gone (pic I posted above in the previous comments) with a comparison of a normal E.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 347Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05