Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1913 Buffalo Nickel, Type 1, What Do You Think?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 298Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
151 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  01:08 am Show Profile   Check OriginalAtog's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add OriginalAtog to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
What do you think?

Pillar of the Community
United States
5605 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  01:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks sharply struck, with only slight wear. Can't really judge luster. The spots detract a bit but it doesn't look cleaned. I'd guess AU-50, maybe 53. Decent type coin.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2912 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  02:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
XF45, maybe AU50. Spot are distracting, and borderline problematic, for me. Can't go wrong with a T1, one of my favs!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60597 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  09:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say EF-45, but ED issues may detail this coin.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15842 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmm , I think there is a little more wear than you guys are seeing . EF-40 . Dirt and spots detract .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
3114 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU details
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10509 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU53. I dont see anything that would details this coin.
Edited by panzaldi
07/31/2021 09:40 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9945 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  09:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with the T Bopper. Flat spots on braids, eyebrow and below part in hair. On rev, flat spot on horn tail and mane. The black spots hurt it considerably. It's hard for me to ignore.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Bedrock of the Community
United States
22764 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  11:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF-40 details, environmental damage.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2344 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  12:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll give it ef40.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2265 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Matching EMDS dies, well struck, minimal die clashing and die polishing.

The obverse and reverse show circulation wear and a few contact marks. The obverse shows moderate wear at the hair, cheek, feathers, knot, braid, and ribbons. The reverse shows the head and tail separate from the rims, and moderate wear on the head, horn, shoulder, flank, upper back, and rear legs. FIVE CENTS is worn, but strong.

IMHO, it makes AU-50, if it straight grades. The spotting on the reverse looks more than superficial. If it cannot be removed by an acetone soak, it will cause corrosion over time.

Nice example of a Type I reverse!
Valued Member
United States
151 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Check OriginalAtog's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add OriginalAtog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone!! Yeah the spot do hurt, but it is still a nice coin!

As I am new at this, How long would you let is soak in Acetone?
Edited by OriginalAtog
07/31/2021 7:31 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 298Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05