Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1944 LWC For Your Consideration.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 286Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
158 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  2:59 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have about 20 or so of this date in generally the same condition. I ask you to bear with me as I post these 44's. This way I hope to discern the nuances between MS grades.
What makes this MS63 compared to MS67. Just as an example.
Based upon the opinions thus far on previous responses, my rookie instincts would say about MS 64 here. What holds it down from a higher grade? What makes it lower? That is what I hope to determine from your educated opinions.
Any advice on taking better images would also be more than welcome.

Pillar of the Community
United States
5351 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15882 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm at 63RD , Obverse shows a rough surface .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, I am not familiar to these links that you provided but now I am.
So am I to assume that I must research and become proficient in these areas before I waste other people's time for their opinions?
I apologize for wasting your time.
The description of this forum is submit images and ask others what they think. I must have misunderstood something somewhere.
Am I on the wrong forum?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60836 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-63RD sounds right.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
22772 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-63RD sounds good to me also.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5351 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Questions are always welcome. We like to provide additional information resources to people who are curious about all things numismatic--including coin grading.
Valued Member
United States
158 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  5:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So would you like to offer your
opinion ijn1944?
I am trying to absorb as much as I am able.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5351 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  6:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My opinion--the photos are a bit soft. They appear to be enlargements of low(er) resolution images. As such, it's somewhat difficult to make out what's happening on the coin's surfaces--let's say a nick or rub vs. an image (low res) artifact. You have the coin in-hand, we don't. So, we're a little behind the 8 ball. Having said that, I'm thinking MS62-63 ish. A nice coin.
Edited by ijn1944
07/31/2021 6:04 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17130 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
63RD

Lots of distractions in the fields, clean fields are very important to the grade.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
338 Posts
 Posted 07/31/2021  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So am I to assume that I must research and become proficient in these areas before I waste other people's time for their opinions?

It's always fine to ask questions as you're learning about grading; the folks on this forum are always willing to provide opinions and guidance. So being given those links is not really to avoid wasting others' time, but being able to provide excellent materials by which you can further educate yourself on the nuances of grading coins.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10552 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
too much lighting is washing out surfaces. MS63RD
Pillar of the Community
United States
2515 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2021  11:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-63RD Rare is the day when most of ccf agrees on a grade.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 286Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05